GSA VS Mountview

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

clecle333
Nominee

GSA VS Mountview

Post by clecle333 »

Hello everyone!

Not going to lie, I'm not exactly a parent but you all seem to have such a great understanding and insight into everything, I thought i'd give it a go and ask you all for your opinions! :D

I recently got accepted into both Mountview and GSA to study a Masters in Music Theatre. I think they are both neck and neck, so its really down to the reputation, connections and chances of me getting employed after I graduate. GSA seems to have more employed actors on the west end right now and the facilities are absolutely amazing. However, Mountview has a friendlier vibe and is in London. I really can't make heads or tails for this.

please could you share your insight into the training/reputation for both places? Thanks!!! x
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Re: GSA VS Mountview

Post by carriecrafts »

Their reputations suggest that they are both excellent schools, as you clearly already know :)
Maybe you'll just have to go with your gut feeling or start looking at other factors such as the local area that you'll be living in.
Good luck!
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

GSA is great place and much cheaper to live there than London. The training is presumably to help you get castings afterwards so look into that a bit more. Both are top schools ..... Hard decision.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

What a fortunate position to be in!! Congratulations!! I would agree that gut feeling counts for a lot. You will have an amazing opportunity whichever you decide and will never know what would have happened if you had made a different decision, so go with that gut feeling, listen to your heart and grab the opportunity!!
LongRoad
BRIT Award

Post by LongRoad »

Well done what a great position to be in.

I have to agree with the earlier comments, you need to trust your own instincts. Both schools have excellent reputations and either will bring you new opportunities.

Somehow you will know which one you will thrive in. At the end of the day it's your own development and skills which will get you work, your training history will only help get you into the room.
clecle333
Nominee

Post by clecle333 »

Thank you so much! I'm very lucky to be in this position, I always just thought i'd go to whatever school takes me haha never thought i'd have this choice!

I have no idea what my gut is feeling! haha right now i'm leaning towards GSA just because of the sheer number of people employed on the west end. The director of the course also seems very passionate about me as an individual, I really felt like I wasn't just another number to him. However, he did ask me if I had any other places, when I told him about Mountview, he complimented me loads haha not sure if he's exaggerating to try to get me to choose GSA....
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

I don't know if this is something that will interest you - but we live overseas - all the casts that have come through this year - the majority were trained at Mountview and a few at Artsed it seems.

We have seen some great shows this year but I know my dd really wanted to apply to Mountview but couldn't due to her age. She would say that Artsed, Mountview and GSA are pretty equal in many ways.

Good luck - whatever you decide I'm sure will be great!