RADA Auditions

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

paulears
BAFTA Award

RADA Auditions

Post by paulears »

I'm doing a little project and one of the other team members works for RADA - I mentioned how time consuming and expensive auditioning was - he told me they auditioned over 4000 people and took less than 30. Wow!
Humph
GRAMMY Award

Re: RADA Auditions

Post by Humph »

I certainly agree with the expense especially train fares at peak times ! :shock:
DS has had 2 Central London auditions in the last 2 days the first for TV and second a feature film recall - The Director actually came out and shook our hands and said Hi and thank-you for coming which I thought was a lovely gesture . :D
DS also got to read thru with an establised actress already cast so that made it for him but for me the " thank-you " went along way ! =D>
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

My Dd enjoyed her RADA auditions. She got to the third round but it was expensive - lots of money for train from South Wales and overnight accommodation :(. I suppose it wouldn't have been so bad had she got in :)
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Post by possiblypushy »

paulears wrote:I'm doing a little project and one of the other team members works for RADA - I mentioned how time consuming and expensive auditioning was - he told me they auditioned over 4000 people and took less than 30. Wow!
RADA charge an audition fee of £45 (or £85 if you leave it a little late) so it's certainly expensive for the auditionees when you add in the train fares and even overnight accommodation in some cases. This will earn them over £180,000 if they see 4000 every year - it's a considerable sum of money and must surely go a long way to covering their costs?
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

4,000 for 30 places :shock:
I think central and GSA are somewhere around there too aren't they? Scary stuff!
Does anyone know how many are recalled? Is the first cut the deepest? DD's audition ran very late ( a couple of hours) so had to buy a new (rush hour) ticket home...will be buying very flexible tickets from now on.
To be fair though, she said they were very nice and gave her as much time and apparent attention as the earlier auditionees despite the fact they were no doubt dying to get to the pub!!! :lol: