The how long between application and audition thread :)

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

The how long between application and audition thread :)

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

Hi
I thought new applicants and the been-there-seen-that NAPMers could maybe share approx. how long it was in between sending off their application to Drama/MT schools and their audition.
It won't be scientific but it may prevent any nasty shocks :shock: :lol:
DD hasn't sent anything off yet so it may be some time before I have anything useful to post!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Re: The how long between application and audition thread :)

Post by Katymac »

I don't think I will be involved so much this year; DD will do it all with the college

& I understand vocational students apply later as well :roll:

I think I am a bit sad
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

I would strongly suggest not applying until ready as they could be called at relatively short notice in some cases. It happened to ds last year and he had to postpone.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

That's true -I remember that from last year
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

I agree - don't apply until ready, but think most quite flexible and some you can more or less choose dates, good luck :)
rebeccaM
BRIT Award

Post by rebeccaM »

Hello our experience so far is:

BOV - lovely and flexible, got an audition date three weeks after application, and was able to change the date twice.
Guildhall - applied late August and received an audition date for end of Oct - they say allow about 8 weeks between application and audition
Lamda - is about three weeks - they say be ready when you apply
Oxford School of Drama - DD got her audition date two weeks after application - so has about 1 month to be ready
Mountview - the admissions person has only just come back off annual leave, and says audition dates are coming soon - DD applied three weeks ago, so haven't got a date yet.

Haven't heard anything via UCAS application yet though have had acknowledgement and she's in the system - so I imagine these could be anytime. And applications through CUKAS i.e. Royal Welsh if you apply now, auditions will be early Jan, think Royal Scottish will be Nov - but you have a chunk of time to be ready.

Hope that helps.
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

That is brilliantly helpful thank-you Rebecca M! Good luck to your DD, I think we spoke at NYT audition time last year <waves>
Thanks also Katymac, Suesmith and Oscar:) Do keep us up to date with how your DC are finding their courses and how any further applications are progressing, I loved lurking and watching their progress last year.
To complicate matters DD is also applying for some competitive Uni courses, which also interview, so although her monologues/songs are ready she needs to make sure she doesn't have too much all happening at the same time. With all this plus A levels and GCSEs in our house it's going to be a hell of a year.
rebeccaM
BRIT Award

Post by rebeccaM »

Good luck everyone - and please let us know how you get on. Clueless Mum - did we chat when the girls were recalled for NYT productions, the Boiler Room I think? We have decided to go the Uni route if this year doesn't work out - so I imagine you must be looking at Exeter and UEA, too? Exciting times! They work so hard, I really hope for successful outcomes for them all. xx
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Applications in, two auditions confirmed Central and LAMDA
For the benefit of others DD had a choice of dates for audition for Central, they ranged between 4 and 5 weeks after her UCAS entry went in. She chose a regional LAMDA date so that was set on application.
Will update the others as they are processed!
Hope all going well RebeccaM
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Laines you can pretty much chose your date
Urdang offered us one straight away which was for about 3 weeks later but you reject it on line it then offers you the next 3 available dates.
Birds offered us within about 2 weeks of applying, we rang up for a later date. Not the easiest place to get through to but they did get back to us and were happy to change
Performers again straight away, we have this one next Thursday!!! Lots of people have said this is the friendliest audition so thought we would go for it first. [-o<
Bring it on!!!
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

My ds has had most of his auditions scheduled before Christmas so it has been a roller coaster already of learning different things for different auditions. All the auditions have come through very quickly.
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Good luck Nextinline"s and Pearl's DC!
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

BOVTS replied with an audition date super-quickly, it has come through for mid January, so 7-8 weeks from application.

Fairly well spread out so far... still 3 to hear from though.
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

My ds has had three auditions already , four more planned and one more to hear from. He is glad he did them early as next term he will want to really concentrate on A Levels and it gives him time to sort out his options. It is not easy for them is it!!! TotallycluelessMum, good luck for your dd. Let's hope we have some good news soon. :D
rebeccaM
BRIT Award

Post by rebeccaM »

My DDs auditions are mainly before Christmas too - with three in Jan - so quite full on towards the end of term. Good luck next inline and Clueless mum - let us know how they get on. Good to know I'm not the only one absorbed in this!!!!