The how long between application and audition thread :)

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Re: The how long between application and audition thread :)

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

That'll teach me to be smug!
DD has just had RADA audition through by post having only posted the application form the day before yesterday. They are lightening quick there, audition is in less than two weeks :shock: :shock: ](*,) She has a v tricky Uni interview( with a written exam) that week too (she's going for both) so lots and lots of stress.
rebeccaM
BRIT Award

Post by rebeccaM »

Wow Uni applications and Drama School applications - written exam and interview, is she going for Oxbridge? Lots of fingers crossed, my DD has RADA audition around that time too. If we had Uni to think about as well - I think this household would explode!
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Yes, I think we are reaching imminent explosion point!
Cambridge is a long shot and seems even more unlikely than the hugely unlikely RADA, I know the stats don't support that but the people she's up against are so self-selected, anyone without a string of A* doesn't apply.
She has an offer at Bristol Uni, which has a fab musical theatre society and drama scene, so would be happy with that. If she's lucky enough to get any other offers/places, that will only add to the confusion!
Good luck to your DD, Rebecca M. Any news on any yet?
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Everyone is really getting going

We posted all of ours by halfterm last year but we haven't had photos or reference from the course yet so we haven't posted any :roll:

Starting to panic a little
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

We got our photos & reference on Wednesday & 3 are complete - one needs a GP letter & one needs to be done on-line (hopefully tonight)

Then it will be done :roll: [-o< 8-[ ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

On-line one = audition date in half-term

<gulp>
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Lots of luck to your dd Katymac, where is she auditioning? [-o<
Bring it on!!!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Urdang, Performers, Bird, Millennium & Masters (I think)

You've got Performers already haven't you? DD loves it there (on Pre-voc)
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

My ds has three more auditions before Christmas, one in January and one still to come. All those different monologues, I have no idea how our kids manage them all. Good luck to everyone else auditioning.
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Lots of luck to your DC Nextinline and Katymac, after all the stress they will be ready to collapse over Christmas!

Artsed were around 7-8 weeks between application and audition. So RADA definitely wins the speediest auditioner prize!!! So for the benefit of any future googlers, make sure your DC are comfortable with one contemporary and two Shakespeare monologues before posting the application :lol:

Dd has no expectations but said that everyone was welcoming, not at all scary and it was a good place for a first audition...simply because you know you have so little chance of getting in, you can just have a go with no pressure!
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Hello everyone, I just wondered if anyone knew how long it normally takes Drama Centre to give out offers after the final recall day? my DS has had his final recall and so am wondering how long the wait will be? thanks.
LongRoad
BRIT Award

Post by LongRoad »

Rhymie was he there Saturday! My DS was and he thinks they'll hear within 10 days. He also said they have changed the process this year and are likely to send out mostly waiting list offers until all five recalls have been held.
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Hi there, yes he was there all day Saturday. He also got told 10 days, but I know that no's are sent out very early, so was on the lookout. Interesting that they are still doing their first rounds but have 4 recall days scheduled and will make offers in 10 days. I couldn't figure it out. Makes more sense if they are sending holding notes out though. Good luck to your DS. : -) only 14 places this year. Horrific.
LongRoad
BRIT Award

Post by LongRoad »

For anyone waiting for future Drama Centre recall outcomes, my DS heard after five days.