September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Re: September 2015

Post by jasmine2 »

DanceDiva wrote:Nope - not yet.DD has already joined after college classes and she's only been there 24 hours !!
Aww bless her,,is she doing the 3 year diploma or foundation?
My dd is about to start her second year of the diploma
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

From experience, around what dates were peoples recall auditions for colleges? Does anyone know when the latest ones tend to be? Only my DD is planning on doing some travelling after her auditions are through but were struggling to get to grips with when she'll be able to go!
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

jasmine2 wrote: Aww bless her,,is she doing the 3 year diploma or foundation?
My dd is about to start her second year of the diploma
She's starting Foundation as she's only 16 and was a late starter into ballet.
Can't believe how relaxed she is about the whole thing - being away from home, housing with complete strangers, starting new course, new city, new life.
Have to say a lot of her inner calm is due the whole Bodywork staff & student ethos there.
Lovely caring atmosphere and a happy vibe about the place.

Called in this week to deliver some paperwork and everyone we met, including the principle knew my DD's name.
Not seen them since her audition in May - have they been learning names over the summer ?
Not sure but as as mum it was ever so reassuring !

Good luck to everyone's offspring - hope it's the right decision for them all xx
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

DanceDiva wrote:
jasmine2 wrote: Lovely caring atmosphere and a happy vibe about the place.
That is the beauty of the place,,,one happy little family..my dd loves it there xx
Good luck to your DD xx :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Just wondering how are all of your DCs getting on now that the first term is done? Is it what they expected? How are they getting on with living away from home? And are they permanently exhausted??!! :D
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

DD is having a ball! After doing the pre-voc last year she settled back into living alone very well & energy wise it is easier than the pre-voc (which surprised me)

She stays at college more weekend and enjoys the social life a bit more too
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Katymac wrote:DD is having a ball! After doing the pre-voc last year she settled back into living alone very well & energy wise it is easier than the pre-voc (which surprised me)

She stays at college more weekend and enjoys the social life a bit more too
Great to hear that after all of the time and effort put in by you both!! :D
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

DS is absolutely loving Mountview. He has long days but is absolutely buzzing whenever we get to speak to him. He is living in Chester House but has already teamed up with friends from the course to look for a house share in September. He cannot believe how much he has learnt already.
Recless
BRIT Award

Post by Recless »

My DD is having a great time at LSC.Teachers are great and lots of opportunity to get involved in dance projects after college which my DD loves. Very busy but a lot less stressful than foundation year. Nice to hear how others are getting on.