September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Re: September 2015

Post by suesmith »

Hi borntoboogie - my dd is 1st year at Laine - I may be wrong but think Betty Laine Scholarships and Awards are the same thing? I think there are only about 6 in her year with any kind of Betty Laine funding and they are not all full Scholarships - as usual mainly go to boys although I think a couple of girls have awards maybe partial funding. Not much help I know - my dd applied for BL funding last year as we were out of income boundary for Dada and we found out at same time as Dada applicants that she had been unsuccessful - with family help and lots of hard work we are somehow managing although had she been applying this year our income would have been within the increased boundary for Dada funding - we will never know if she would have been successful in that!! :roll:
pandora67
Nominee

Post by pandora67 »

Mummyaud have you heard from Conti yet? Looks like we won't hear anything before the taster day!
notgotaclue
Nominee

Post by notgotaclue »

Hi, my DS was offered a DaDa from Conti's a couple of weeks ago, but he turned it down as was also offered one at Performers and has chosen to go there instead. Really hope you all hear from them soon x
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

DD has finally decided she is going to Performers

I am so relieved she has made a decision & I can start making plans =D> \:D/ =D>
acsbj14
Nominee

Post by acsbj14 »

Congratulations. I know it is such a relief when you finally know where they are going and you can make plans. All the best for your DD \:D/
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Thats great news Katymac, you can at last make plans and arrangements :D and at least she knows the college and knows she will be happy there.

Did she get a dada for Performers?
Bring it on!!!
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

I'm really glad she is sorted out Katymac. I'm sure she will have a great time and you can now get on and sort accommodation etc. We're still in limbo here as DS is still hoping for waiting list movement for the Laine DaDA and the Mountview reserve list as these are his top two choices. He is holding on to Urdang as his back-up plan but it is very unsettling not knowing for sure where he will be. We are still relying on the pretty spreadsheet!!!
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

Mummyaud have you heard from Conti yet? Looks like we won't hear anything before the taster day!
Will pm you.
Dancingmad
Nominee

Post by Dancingmad »

Hey a BIG well done to all DC, my Dd has been offer a Dada at Italia Conti, 70% funding at Urdang, no 6 on reserve list for Laine and still waiting to hear from Bird in early June. The stress of waiting and deciding what to do for the best is killing the both of us. Does anyone have any help regarding accommodation in London, would love to know if there is another Dd who would like to share. ](*,)
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

It's fab - she has her accommodation (same place as this year) & we know what food & everything costs - so it's all pretty sorted

I really feel for everyone waiting - it's a horrid place to be
pandora67
Nominee

Post by pandora67 »

Well done to your DD Dancingmad! My Dd is still waiting to hear from Conti re: DaDa. When did you hear from Conti re:dada? Wish we knew one way or the other before taster day on Tuesday. Dd has two other taster days come up for Arts Ed and Brits.
SelBel
Nominee

Post by SelBel »

Hi Katymac, I see your DD is at Performers and you have your accommodation sorted. My DD will be starting there in September and we have received the accommodation list but need some advice on how she gets in touch with other students to arrange house/flat share? With it being half term I'm thinking it might be a good idea to make a start and have a look at some of the properties. Any advice much would be greatly appreciated.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I've asked DD - but it's the end of year show tomorrow so things are very hectic; so she might not come up with anything straight away
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Brilliant news Katy so pleased to see the Foundation Year paid off and she will end up staying there - you can now breathe a well deserved sigh of relief and enjoy seeing her dance in the end of year show tomorrow :D
Robsmumma
GRAMMY Award

Post by Robsmumma »

Phew, I still remember that feeling of relief when final decisions were made and I could sleep again! It never seems to bother the kids as much though does it?
Bet you cannot wait to see the show?
Laine show in 3 weeks and getting quite excited already, bet you are too Sue?
Let us know how it goes Katy :D