September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

ajbew
BRIT Award

Re: September 2015

Post by ajbew »

Congratulations to your DS molseymum, and thanks Lorry, my DS doesn't seem to have had that email. I'm a bit worried now that they didn't get his confirmation email or something. I hope he is on the list when he turns up tomorrow!
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Ajbew
I sent you a message :D
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Congratulations to your DS Moseleymum - that is quite an achievement. DD has quite a few friends who work or have worked at Disneyland Paris and all have loved it. Disney send out the 'successful audition' letter but for many it is then months until they actually get a contract through - a year sometimes so your DS has done well. If he decides to takes his year out, all the best to him for this contract.
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Hope Laines recall went well for your dd and ds Lorry and Ajbew.

dd has woke up with a sore throat this morning!! After thinking to myself at the weekend how she had been lucky to be well for all her auditions for the one that is most important to her she has a bad throat :cry:
Bring it on!!!
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Congrats on the Disney role . Ds has a few friends that Hv done or are doing that. They have loved it and one got into top schools after a year doing that. Great news . Pearl lots of honey and lemon and vocal zones. Good luck
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

Oh no Pearl, fingers crossed that it doesn't affect her singing too much and good luck for Friday.

DS was happy with his audition, but has just arrived home limping badly with a pulled hamstring. He did it at the end of the jazz session (first thing) but has battled on so hopefully it isn't too bad and didn't affect his dancing too much (he says he was in agony for his solo but he can be a bit dramatic!). He says Laine is definitely his first choice as it just 'feels right' although he can't explain why. We will now have an agonising wait to find out.

In the meantime, just Mountview left now so I hope the hamstring is not too serious.
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Congrates to all with offers

DD loved her Laines funding Audition today and like Ajbew DS she feels its the right place for her, said she did the best she could do came out buzzing, I hadn't been here before so was good to get a feel of the place. i managed to speak to some first years and some 3rd years all very positive.

Just the agonising wait now, with fingers and toes crossed :shock:

ajbew hope DS hamstrings heals quickly lets hope we both get the news we want

Oh Pearl hope your DD is feeling better very soon, and she is better for Friday hope she has a good audition,
my DD said that at least 4 DC didn't turn up today which i was surprised about.
moleseymum
BRIT Award

Post by moleseymum »

Thank you, contract arrived today so all very real now!

Pearl, my DS's vocal coach always recommends pineapple juice for a sore throat and it seems to work for DS, hope all goes well Friday x
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Thanks guys have gargled with salt water, drunk honey/lemon and have vocal zones!!
Will get some pineapple juice tomorrow!
Bring it on!!!
Barton285
BRIT Award

Post by Barton285 »

Just butting in here with regards sore throat and pineapple if you have a juicer, juice the pineapple with a piece of ginger (start small if do not like the taste and build up) it is antiviral, antiseptic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory and a great natural antibiotic.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Great excuse to eat a whole packet of McVities ginger nuts! :lol:
Maria54
BRIT Award

Post by Maria54 »

Our DS was at Laine funding recall yesterday. There were 17 boys there. Does anyone know how many boys are at the recall audition today?
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

ajbew wrote:Oh no Pearl, fingers crossed that it doesn't affect her singing too much and good luck for Friday.

DS was happy with his audition, but has just arrived home limping badly with a pulled hamstring. He did it at the end of the jazz session (first thing) but has battled on so hopefully it isn't too bad and didn't affect his dancing too much (he says he was in agony for his solo but he can be a bit dramatic!). He says Laine is definitely his first choice as it just 'feels right' although he can't explain why. We will now have an agonising wait to find out.

In the meantime, just Mountview left now so I hope the hamstring is not too serious.
Reminded me of my DD who broke her toe in the middle of her Arts and dance audition :shock: :shock:

Hope he recovers soon.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

DD did another audition today & she fell in love with the college - blasted child!

No funding as far as I can see :(
michellem68
Nominee

Post by michellem68 »

Oh no Katymac, where did she audition today