September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

yorshiremum
BRIT Award

Re: September 2015

Post by yorshiremum »

Great news Lorry! \:D/ \:D/
My DD is still deciding between LCM and Italia Conti (with Chichester as a UCAS 2nd choice option) - no more auditions left for us. We're taking a trip down next month to have a proper look round at LCM to see if it helps us decide, as I didn't go with her on the day of audition. I'm 50/50 at the moment and can see good things in both courses. I've heard good reports from existing students at both too. I do get the impression that there are still plenty of dancers on the course at LCM but it does involve adding extra dance lessons on outside of the course.
Well done to all the others with recent offers too, and good luck to those waiting to hear from the Urdang recalls. [-o< [-o<
Almo
BRIT Award

Post by Almo »

Anyone heard back from Urdang re funding yet? The waiting is unbearable !
michellem68
Nominee

Post by michellem68 »

Fantastic news Lorry =D> , look forward to seeing you at Performers tomorrow
LongRoad
BRIT Award

Post by LongRoad »

Can anyone offer advice?

My DS has been auditioning for four years. Each year he has progressed and in between Drama School auditions obtained enough contracts to get his Equity card and Spotlight membership. No agent.

He has in the past turned down offers from some CDS schools which didn't offer the approach to training he wanted.

This year he has a Waiting list offer from the Drama Centre, his favourite, and is still in play (recalls) with two others he really likes. Our problems is he has been offered another fantastic opportunity which would mean giving up on going to Drama school this year. They need to know next week.

If he had an unconditional offer from any of the three schools he would turn this offer down ... but as we all know his current waiting list and recalls could lead nowhere.

So....bird in the hand or...
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Is it a proper professional paid opportunity? If so, I think he should definitely go with that! You are more likely to get an agent or more work that way IMHO and you could come out of drama school still without an agent!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

If he takes this job (which is real, where as the offers are maybe) and then gets a firm place offer would he be able to defer for a year like they can at university.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

DD got a place at Performers - no idea about funding yet

She also got a place at the Centre with a scholarship but probably not enough to enable her to go

So I still have to wait
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

So pleased Katymac,

When will you find out about funding for Performers is it another audition?

We were at performers on Thursday really liked feel of place, hopefully we will hear next week! That was my DD last first Audition still have LSC recall and Laines DaDa recall to do ahhhhhh ](*,)
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Thank you Yorshiremum

I'm glad we are coming to the end now but I am so on edge it's unreal :shock:
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

No they give you points at the audition & work the DaDA's out from that - so it's all about how many rich parents are in the list above you
Megmar610
GRAMMY Award

Post by Megmar610 »

My dd got a Dada at Performers last year and heard the beginning of May , so not to long to wait :D
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Katymac wrote:No they give you points at the audition & work the DaDA's out from that - so it's all about how many rich parents are in the list above you
when you say rich parents do you mean they are not eligible for funding so that helps you move up? sorry I'm prob being a bit thick lol
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Thats good Magmar610 :D
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

Almo wrote:Anyone heard back from Urdang re funding yet? The waiting is unbearable !
We're waiting on Urdang funding result too! Such a painfully long wait, did your DC audition Sunday 22nd or the Saturday before? I spoke to some one on the phone from Urdang a couple of days ago to see when it was likely we would find out and they informed me of the following:
. DD could receive an email on Friday ( yesterday- which she didn't) that would mean they were still considering the offer and she would have to wait until after the next auditions to hear back from them.
or
. She will receive a letter on Saturday (today) or earlier next week with their decision!

I hope this helps a few anxious mums, dads and dancers out! My DD has been anxious all week because her friend who friend who was at the recall on the same day received a phone call informing him of his place on the degree- I guess they just give calls to a few of the exceptional ones who have other offers!

Good luck!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Yes say 70 people have been offered places

The first one gets the full £14k, the next one nothing, the third gets half, the 4th & 5th 20%, no6 gets 10% and only 2 full DaDAs have been given out so by the time it gets to 20th person there might be some left

But if the first 10 all get the full amount then poor no 21 might not be eligible for anything

I think.....