September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Lorry
BRIT Award

Re: September 2015

Post by Lorry »

Hi Pearl

Ah we are at Laines on Wednesday 22nd :shock:
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

My DS is there on April 22nd too. He is coming down on the train the night before.
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

Congrats on all the Laine offers! Good luck for the funding recalls.

The whole - how to choose thing with multiple offers is going to be interesting.

Our kids have so much talent =D>
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

Hello, any one's DDs or DSs at Urdang recall on the 22nd? And does any body know how long it takes till you hear the result of your recall? We're crossing our fingers for degree, hopefully if the answer comes soon and its positive then we can start sorting accommodation which is very exciting!
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

We are at Urdang on the 19th of April [-o<
Bring it on!!!
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

My DS is there today for the recall. I think there were two dates originally - 15th and 22nd for the degree recalls, but the 15th was changed due to building maintenance. I'll let you know when he gets the result. He telephoned about half an hour ago to say he had finished and had had an amazing day, but they didn't say when they would hear. They asked them all whether they would prefer the diploma with a DaDa or the degree course so be prepared for that. He said the degree as you can get a maintenance loan. Good luck to your DD for next week :)
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Good luck hope you don't have to wait too long, I guess the April date is for diploma recalls, dd only 15 so too young for the degree!
Bring it on!!!
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

My dd was at Urdang yesterday - she had an amazing day and met so many great people. Due to the time difference I didn't stay up until she was done and she was definitely fighting the jetlag as hers was one of the latest groups to finish. During the interview - she was told that they thought she would be an excellent candidate for the degree (we stayed up until 2am and heard that much). After the last portion (singing for her) she was made a verbal offer for the degree! To say that we are over the moon would be an understatement but we only saw the news this morning as the time difference made us miss hearing directly from her. I can't wait to speak to her as soon as its morning in the UK! We are so proud of her.

I hope everyone has news soon - but even for our first audition the turn around for Urdang was very quick so I think most will hear soon as they seem to be very efficient. I hope we see something in writing soon and then the process of deciding can begin.
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Fantastic news for your dd cluelessmum \:D/

Out of interest where do you live?
Bring it on!!!
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

We are in Asia - and have spoken to my dd - she only got told as she traveled approximately 6000 miles to be there! She was so jetlagged as she was the last group to go.

Time to hit the books and work hard on school results so that she can meet the offer requirements. We don't have all the requirements in hand for all offers yet but we have to say that we are so proud of our dd - she wasn't sure of her ability but the fact that she has had offers at every school she has auditioned for has raised her confidence. She hasn't had much experience and her school has done everything to stand in her way as they think she should have gone an academic route but I literally told them when they tried to forbid her from performing that they weren't in a position to forbid anything and that she had my blessing to continue to find opportunities to perform and explore since I knew she was passionate about it.
Kirsty
Nominee

Post by Kirsty »

Hi everyone - first post although I have been following this forum for the last couple of years! It's such a long and difficult process as stressful for us parents as it is for our DC. My dd auditioned at Birds, Urdang, LSC and Artsed. She was fortunate to be offered then all (recall at LSC although not going). She's accepted Arted although found it difficult to turn down Birds. Congratulations to all those with offers and fingers and toes crossed for those waiting for that email/letter xxxxx
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Kirsty, welcome and congrats to your dd. My ds went to Arts Ed and had an absolute blast for three years (worked very hard though). Your dd will love it.
All new to me!
Kirsty
Nominee

Post by Kirsty »

Thank you Caroline - dd is so unbelievably excited \:D/
LongRoad
BRIT Award

Post by LongRoad »

Kirsty congratulations to your dd, I'm sure she'll have a wonderful three years. You can both relax now a decision has been made. :D
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Well done Kirsty . Ds has accepted there too. No idea how to go about accommodation. I am hoping to get more info now that we have accepted.