September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Re: September 2015

Post by cluelessmum »

Caroline A-C wrote:Well done Clueless mum - great news. Where else is your dd auditioning - sounds like an expensive process for you!! Well done Katymac too. I love this time of year when you start to hear of all the offers.
Urdang, GSA, Laine, & Central Speech & Drama are the only ones she will be auditioning for. All first rounds completed except for Central (April) but no news at all from Laine or GSA as of yet.

She has very little ballet but that surprised the teachers so far at audition as they thought she must be more trained than she is (phew) but she's having an interesting time with the dance terminology as she was asked to do a "fox" - here its known as a "russian" so she didn't know what to do! Hopefully she will get by for the rest of her auditions and the recalls. Lots to learn but exciting times. Just wish I had nerves of steel to stomach the stress this all induces!

My dd also has no tap! Wants to start as soon as exams are done but no clue where I will find a tap teacher for her at such short notice. She also have a massive shopping list as what is worn to dance class here doesn't sound as it will do for classes in the UK. Time to start spending yikes!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Well done CLuelessmum

Do check with us about dance clothes/uniform etc we might know somewhere cheaper & some stuff (black knickers for over leotards for example) can only be bought at the high street - not on-line
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

Thanks Katymac - my dd was telling me that no one in the UK wears the tights under their leos - what are these knickers for over the leo? The uniform for ballet schools here is very strict but for the jazz & contemp its very casual so most girsl just wear sports wear (sports bras with leggings or dance shorts and occasionally a tshirt thrown over this if there are boys in class).

I have no idea what to buy at all but her leos are pretty old so I will look for something new for recalls!
Last edited by cluelessmum on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noggin
BRIT Award

Post by noggin »

Congrats Katymac, that must be a huge weight of your mind :D You have both worked so hard for it - Well done =D>
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Thanks Noggin & everyone else

Umm Tights are generally under leotards but they put big hold your tummy in black pants over the top & they are bought from Primark (as far as I understand) - it's something to do with leg length

DD loves Ainsliewear leotards but they are very expensive we bought a nice one from Just Ballet (on-line)

Don't buy too much your new school will have a uniform list & last year it cost me about £350 to buy it all - one school even had an acting skirt for £75!! :roll:
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

So pleased for your dd Katymac. What brilliant news! xxx \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Thanks BeanieBean
michellem68
Nominee

Post by michellem68 »

Hi, this is my first post, so quite new to all of this. My dd auditioned at MADD college on the 20th Feb and found out last week that she has an offer for the 3yr diploma, with the chance of auditioning for the Stage Scholarship in April. She is so happy as she loved the friendliness and feel of the college, but we still have 5 or 6 more auditions to go. Anybody at Stella Mann on Wednesday ??
Last edited by michellem68 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michellem68
Nominee

Post by michellem68 »

:oops: Just realised I posted ds in previous post, I meant dd, she would be so happy with me !!
Last edited by michellem68 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Hi Michellem68

My DD at Stella Mann on Wednesday are you going?
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Well done to all those talented and hard working dd and ds . Do hope everyone has a happy ending. :D Such a stressful time for you all and expensive too.
michellem68
Nominee

Post by michellem68 »

hi Lorry,
yes I will be there how about you? :)
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Hi Michelle

Yes I'll be there trying to find things to do while DD in Audition this is her 7th :shock:
Robsmumma
GRAMMY Award

Post by Robsmumma »

Tried to talk my dd into going to Stella Mann as it's a short bus journey from us, but to no avail!
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Fantastic news Katy - so please for you and dd - as others have said you can relax and she can enjoy the rest of her auditions without pressure ........... you may end up having to make a choice ;) :lol: :lol: