New Thread for actual destinations!!

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Katymac
OSCAR Award

New Thread for actual destinations!!

Post by Katymac »

Rather than "I got an offer from....." this is for the "I'm going to......." :shock:

If you had multiple offers, could you also let us know when you say no to people - so that if you are on the waiting list you can see any movements? [-o<

I'm not being bossy......just desperate!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I know some of you have posted previously.....but if you have time could you repost here so we get a real picture of where people are going?

Thanks (for putting up with me :oops: :roll: )
amanda
GRAMMY Award

Re: New Thread for actual destinations!!

Post by amanda »

Hello Katy,
I will kick off then. My DD is doing the 3 year Diploma in Musical Theatre at PPA in Guildford. She did the 1 year intensive foundation in MT there last year and made fab progress as well as having a brilliant time so she is delighted to have been offered a place on the Diploma course. :D
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Great idea Katy - the other thread is quite long now ....... :)

My dd is going to Laine in Sept - she is very lucky as it was her first choice of college and will be able to commute (although I'm sure she'd love to be living in a flat in Epsom too!) I would like to thank everyone on this forum who has kept me sane through this process, by being so incredibly generous with advice, support and encouragement, it really has helped knowing you're not alone and chatting to those who have already been through it - as we all know with this career choice there is no one answer fits all!

Well done to your dd Amanda - look forward to seeing where everyone's final destination 2014 is, and for those still waiting I hope it won't be too much longer for you :) :) xxx
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

good idea Katymac,

it might be useful if people with multiple offers say whether they are declining DaDA or scholarships too, so those with offers but waiting for funding can see the movement on the funding lists as well as reserve lists.
x
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd1 is going to her theatre school The Big Act who are offering a part time Foundation course and one or two year full time vocational training in Musical Theatre.
Dd is doing the 2 year vocational course.

In case anyone is interested the next audition date is 3rd May 2014 and there are scholarships available on all courses.
I can't say what it is like as it is only starting in September 2014 but dd has been with the theatre school for 3 years and has improved so much :)

The website says:
Now offering Professional training courses:
1 yr and 2 yr vocational training (full time)
1 yr Foundation course in Musical Theatre

Course content:
All courses follow a thorough and varied curriculum including:
Ballet; Jazz; Individual vocal tuition; Body conditioning; Acting; Vocal technique; Audition preparation; Monologue preparation.
Our first class faculty of tutors is drawn from across the country and made up of working professionals with a host of credits from both West End and Broadway shows as well as top 10 music videos and major arena tours including Wicked, Lion King, Hairspray, West Side Story, Rent (Broadway), Take That, Beyoncé and much more.
Many of our faculty teach at other leading dance and drama Colleges including GSA, Mountview, ArtsEd, London Studio Centre, Bristol Old Vic and more.

Course info:
Our courses are professional vocational Diploma courses.
Students have the option to take the NQF Level 4 Associate Diploma in Performance awarded by Trinity College, London as well as studying for optional BTEC HNC/HND qualifications (subject to validation). These are subject to an additional examination fee. Upon successful completion of the HND course, candidates can, should they wish 'top up' to a degree.
Our one year foundation course is part time and you are able to continue in other education or employment whilst training.
The fee for the foundation course in Musical Theatre is £1600 per year.
The fee for the full time vocational course is £1900 per term (September entry. 3 terms per year).
Scholarships are available on all courses.
To apply for an audition please contact The Big Act on info@thebigact.com
Next audition: 3rd May 2014
Megmar610
GRAMMY Award

Post by Megmar610 »

Good idea. My dd has been offered Laine, Urdang, performers and Bird. She has been offered some funding for Urdang, went to Laine recall last week so hopefully should hear soon if she has been lucky there as well but we are not holding our breath! Performers have told us that they are hoping to let everyone know about dada's by the end of April. As for bird they have said it could be June before we hear anything as they haven't finished auditioning yet ](*,)
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

I know a young lad who has been offered full dada at Arts Ed, isnt that fantastic ? He has also had offers for at least two of the top MT colleges.
nigelben
BRIT Award

Post by nigelben »

DS is going to Manchester School of Theatre to do BA Acting, he only found out on Friday :D So pleased for him after two years of auditions and, this year, lots of recalls and offers of foundations, but now he's got what he wants.

Well done to everyone who has places but to all those who haven't perseverance so pays off as it has done for DS.
tara1
Nominee

Post by tara1 »

Wow nigelben,that is brilliant news :D It's a great course and one my DD applied to last year (when she only applied for acting courses) and Manchester is such a great place :)
My DD who is currently on a foundation acting and musical theatre course at Lipa has had offers for Musical Theatre courses at Chichester, Arden Theatre School,London College of Music and Reserve list at Gsa.
She's undecided as where or if she'll be going to any of these places this year :?
Well done to anybody that has had offers this year. :)
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

nigelben wrote:DS is going to Manchester School of Theatre to do BA Acting, he only found out on Friday :D So pleased for him after two years of auditions and, this year, lots of recalls and offers of foundations, but now he's got what he wants.

Well done to everyone who has places but to all those who haven't perseverance so pays off as it has done for DS.
So pleased for your DS Nigelben! I know how much he wanted that one! Hope he has a great 3 years in Manchester \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ It's a fabulous city to live in! And do keep us posted about shows he is in etc ... DD and I often go to see the productions there!
dorothy
GRAMMY Award

Post by dorothy »

nigelben wrote:DS is going to Manchester School of Theatre to do BA Acting, he only found out on Friday :D So pleased for him after two years of auditions and, this year, lots of recalls and offers of foundations, but now he's got what he wants.

Brilliant news. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Have sent you a message. So glad its worked out for him
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Congrats to you and your DS Nigelben from me too. I have followed with interest. How fantastic that he has stuck at it and got there. A great role model. Hope he has a brilliant time.
nigelben
BRIT Award

Post by nigelben »

Thank you everyone, we are so thrilled for him :D

I will let you know Sapphire, he really likes Manchester, seems like a very vibrant city. I've never been but sure will be having a trip up very soon to sort accommodation etc, exciting times!!!
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Just wanted to say congrats to my friend who is going to laines in September :) xx
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Decision made!

DD is going to Urdang (degree)
She has today declined her place at Bird (degree) via UCAS.
Hope someone gets good news from Bird :)