Sylvia Young Full Time School

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Upinlights
BRIT Award

Sylvia Young Full Time School

Post by Upinlights »

Hi My dd has been accepted into Year 8 of the full time school this September. Would love to hear from any other newbies or any parents really for a bit of advice ?
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Sylvia Young Full Time School

Post by CatKat_0 »

Well done - sounds like she will have an amazing time. I can't help you but I'm sure others will be able to. I think Begolina has a dd there?
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

My dd is with their agency but not in the school. I wouldn't be able to pay any indipendent school. :D
I am sure SY is fantastic and other on here can be more precise.
emlochscams
GRAMMY Award

Post by emlochscams »

Hi Jessica - My ds starting in year 7 in September - he's so excited! He was lucky enough to win a full scholarship =D> He can't wait to start there. Anybody else going or there already?
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

well done to both of you
It is an amazing school ... my dd spent 6 very happy years there and was head girl in her last year..it is hard work but so rewarding. xxx good luck to them xxx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

emlochscams wrote:Hi Jessica - My ds starting in year 7 in September - he's so excited! He was lucky enough to win a full scholarship =D> He can't wait to start there. Anybody else going or there already?
Wow, congratulations for winning the full scholarship! =D> =D> =D>
possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Post by possiblypushy »

emlochscams wrote:Hi Jessica - My ds starting in year 7 in September - he's so excited! He was lucky enough to win a full scholarship =D> He can't wait to start there. Anybody else going or there already?
That's wonderful! Well done to your ds =D> =D> What an achievement getting a full scholarship. Good luck for September to your ds and Jessica's dd :D .
emlochscams
GRAMMY Award

Post by emlochscams »

Thank you. He went along to give it his best shot but knowing that it was such a long shot so to be given such an opportunity is amazing. He is going to grab it with both hands! Still in a state of slight disbelief tbh :lol:
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

What an amazing opportunity. I am sure they will have a great time. Congratulations =D> =D> =D>
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

Article about SY scholarship winners. Got excited reading it, even though I have nothing to do with it! :lol:

https://twitter.com/thestage/status/452426777164779520
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Wow!! you kept that quiet!

I am so pleased for you both, DS went through the process a few years ago - got to the last 15 but no scholarship, although he did get one from Conti's
I know just how tough it is and how high the standard is, so very very well done to him ( and you for supporting him)

How exciting for him =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Congrats to your dd for her year 8 place Jessica and congratulations to your ds for his scholarship emlochscams. Very pleased for you both. I'm sure they'll have a fantastic schooling =D> =D> =D>
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Kittyishungry83
Nominee

Post by Kittyishungry83 »

Congrats to all. Our DS was offered a place at SY full time school for year 7/September 2014 as well...didn't know how the scholarships worked at the time...if you audition for a place for full time school then you are ineligible to audtion for scholarships. Accepted place, but a few weeks ago declined as we realised that we just can't afford the fees...DS started PT school which he loves...but what he really wanted was to go everyday..:(
Loola
Nominee

Post by Loola »

Hi My dd has been accepted into Year 8 of the full time school this September. Would love to hear from any other newbies or any parents really for a bit of advice ?
My DD is in SYTS Full Time feel free to PM me if youd like any advice xxx

Emlochscas - I have PM you xxx
emlochscams
GRAMMY Award

Post by emlochscams »

Oh wow I hadn't seen the article so thanks! Pretty cool write up and made me smile as He learnt the King John monologue in his room with no input from anyone apart from me explaining the play to him. Good lad!! Really nice to see the other winners too - C is made up that his friend from the first round got a scholarship too. He is so thankful and we know how privileged he is to receive this as so many amazingly talented children don't. Big massive thanks for all your kind words xx