Gsa recall

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

oscar
GRAMMY Award

Gsa recall

Post by oscar »

Has anyone had the experience of a gsa recall ? They provide a list of songs to choose from and ds was wondering if there are ones that are particularly overdone .i said that they would probably be happy with any off their list but he feels that it may go against him if he sings one of the easier options ( not that any are what I'd call easy)
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Re: Gsa recall

Post by Welsh Mum »

My DDs recall was a few years ago but they asked her what else she had, so she gave them a few options from her file, and theycvhoise one of hers. Not sure if that helps, but it suggests that if they like you there may asdk for another. (She got offer of a place BTW)
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

As long as they don't kind other choices not being on their list that will be fine. He doesn't really know any if the songs to performance standard yet so to learn a couple of options may be tricky !!!
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Meant mind . Oops !
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Yes the others were here own, not from the list
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Good luck with your DS's recall. He must have impressed them to get a recall. My DD's first audition is Friday. She found a list of songs on their website but it looks like it's been removed now. We can't find it anymore. Do they send it to you if you get a recall?
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Yes they do ! He auditioned on the Friday and found out on the Monday about recall so short wait. Good luck to her.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Thank you. It's good that you don't have to wait very long to find out :)
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

When's your DS Recall? My DD had her audition for GSA on Friday. She said she felt it went well but it's so hard to tell if they like you and they have so many 1000's apply apparently . Someone we know who auditioned we thought was very talented and he didn't get a recall so it must be very hard. I really hope she gets a recall. Just to get that far would be an amazing achievement and experience. Good luck to your DS for his Recall. I hope they give you time to prepare a new song in time for it.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Good luck to your dd. They usually give you 2 weeks or do before recall. You have to take the song you sang at first round , 2 contrasting modern monologues and a one minute dance solo. Good luck. She may find out tomorrow .
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Thanks very much Oscar. I'm so nervous for her. I know this is the one she really wants so keeping everything crossed. Please keep us posted with how your DS gets on. Best of luck to him too.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

My DD got a recall for GSA. We're so happy because we know how hard it is to get that far. \:D/
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Yay !!! How long does she have to learn her song?
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Not very long. About 2 weeks. And she's going to choose and learn another monologue. She's very keen though so I think she will learn it in time. Hope so anyway.

Has your DS had his recall yet? :)
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

No not yet. It's his dream school too. Good luck to them both !!!