Gsa recall

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Re: Gsa recall

Post by bop2thetop »

Thanks Oscar. Yes good luck to your DS too :)
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Oscar has your DS had his GSA recall yet? My DD's recall is this Saturday
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Alas not !! Great day but warned those who were auditioning for first year that the chances if getting in were negligible . Two older guys and ladies recalled for interview . Good luck to your dd
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Wow really Oscar? That's a shame. It must be so hard to get in. Thanks. I'm sure she'll try her best
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

There's always an exception to the rule . Keep positive . It's all great experience . What is she singing ?
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Thank you. It's called Watch what happens. It's very fast and very wordy but it suits her if she can pull it off. Like you said it is a great experience. We're not expecting anything. They've done very well to get this far
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Ahh newsies !!! That's very positive for a start. Ds said that all the girls with the exception of 2 sang the same song and it was the two who sang the different ones who got through. Not long now.
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

Sorry to Hijack conversation :oops:
But do you mind sharing what song nearly all the girls sang?
...planning ahead on songs to avoid in future years!!!
possiblypushy
GRAMMY Award

Post by possiblypushy »

TotallycluelessMum wrote:Sorry to Hijack conversation :oops:
But do you mind sharing what song nearly all the girls sang?
...planning ahead on songs to avoid in future years!!!
Exactly what I was thinking TotallycluelessMum :D . Can you imagine how the other girls felt when, one by one, they all sang the same song :shock:
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

That's why you should always have a spare or two up your sleeve if possible ... DD had to change her contemporary monologue on one occasion when she was auditioning for drama school as several others had already done it .... it was the only time that had happened ... she got a recall, they didn't ... best to be prepared!
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Thanks Oscar that's interesting. I'm wondering.. (Although I don't know for sure) whether most girls and boys pick an 'easier' song from the list. And I must admit with only 2 weeks to learn it I would have advised an easier song too. My DD only chose her song because she had watched Newsies and really fancied learning it. I was and still am concerned that it is a hard song to learn in a short space of time. It might pay off or it might not. It's a gamble. You're right Sapphire to have a spare is a very good idea. But with only having the list of songs 2 weeks before the recall it's finding time etc to learn 2 songs. Maybe it's all part of the test. Interesting.

Haha. I'm probably analysing this far too much
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Ah! Didn't realise it was from a list ... that is a tough one ... think your analysis sounds spot on though! Good luck to your DD with her recall. FWIW DD has a friend who auditioned late and got into GSA straight from school on the MT course last year having had no's from everywhere else ... it is possible!
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

For the girls I think it was A Way back to then from A title of show and for the boys Why God Why and What Do I need with Love ? from Millie. So little time to learn one never mind two. In hindsight he would have definitely done a different song and would have learnt one of them before auditioning.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

I absolutely love Why God from Miss Saigon. My DD played Kim once so it has special memories. I think it's a lovely song. How are you to know so many others are going to choose the same song. Thanks for the info. It's been very interesting. My DD has her Urdang recall on Friday and then GSA Saturday. So it's going to be a busy weekend for us!

Thanks Saphire it's good to know there is hope. Haha. But if she doesn't get in this time it's still an amazing experience to get to the recall audition and she will learn from it, I'm sure. Do you think this is quite late to be auditioning then? Do you think most places would have been allocated by now? I was wondering whether it's better to audition early or late so we know for next year. What do people think? Thank you :)
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Any luck bop2thehop???