Lots of luck to all auditionees! & a place to put results

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Re: Lots of luck to all auditionees! & a place to put result

Post by suesmith »

Ooooh feeling for all of you still waiting for decisions - gutted that we are just outside Dada eligibilty but at least that way the wait is over ..... we now have to somehow find ££££ for dd to train!! Hopefully your wait won't be too much longer and you will all end up with the choices you want :)
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Congrats on the places :) It shouldn't take long for there to be movement on the waiting lists; DD's official letter from Urdang arrived this morning and she has until 22nd April to confirm her degree place with a £100 deposit. After that I guess they'll start offering to the reserves.

Feeling a bit guilty that she is holding a place at Bird too, so now the offer is confirmed she'll have to make a decision! Don't think Urdang will update UCAS until we have paid the deposit though, so she wouldn't dare decline Bird until Urdang is 'UCAS-official', if she chooses Urdang...
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

The reserve lists do move fast once the deadline for accepting offers passes ... good luck to those still waiting [-o< [-o< [-o<
Dance&Smile
BRIT Award

Post by Dance&Smile »

DD received her letter from Urdang today offering her the degree course and the £3000 bursary ( to bring the fees down to £9000)! Now she has to decide between Urdang and Bird like your DD Carriecrafts. :D
alwood020
BRIT Award

Post by alwood020 »

Has anyone had an email regarding funding for the Diploma course rather than the degree as that is what my DD is waiting for?
Dance&Smile
BRIT Award

Post by Dance&Smile »

Alwood020 - one of DD's friends has heard she has got a fee reduction for the Diploma course - she wasn't entitled to a DADa. I think she received a letter like us rather than an e-mail.
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Congratulations to your DD too Dance&Smile :)
I don't know how to help my DD decide, she is being given such conflicting opinions from teachers and friends! Which is your DD leaning towards? They are both great schools.
alwood020
BRIT Award

Post by alwood020 »

Thanks Dance&Smile, maybe a letter is on its way! fingers crossed!!

What day did your DD's friend have her recall audition?
Megmar610
GRAMMY Award

Post by Megmar610 »

My DD had letter today from Urdang offering her part dada for the diploma, she is so happy as wasn't expecting anything :D
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

Wow..huge congratulations to everyone with offers and funding…..and fingers firmly crossed for all still waiting!!

Good luck with your choices, I think it can only come down to gut feeling….they are great colleges, so your DCs will have fantastic training (and a great social life!!) wherever they choose!! ;) ;)
Dance&Smile
BRIT Award

Post by Dance&Smile »

alwood020 - both DD and her friend auditioned on Sunday 30th March.
carriecrafts - she is leaning towards Bird at the moment; at the start of the process Urdang was her favourite, but going through the audition process has changed her opinions. Being offered a degree place on the day of the audition has made Bird attractive as it makes her feel they really want her. She is the only one of her friends to be offered a degree place there.
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Congatulations Megmar :)

Dance&Smile my DD was at Urdang on Sunday 30th too. Her thoughts are exactly the same but the opposite way round with the schools :D At the start Bird was her first choice but she absolutely loved the Urdang audition days and was flattered to get a phone call less than 24hrs after her audition offering the place. Decisions...
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

well done to everyone getting offers and funding - and to those on waiting lists I've heard they move very fast =D> =D> =D>
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

What is a 'part DaDA' please?
Megmar610
GRAMMY Award

Post by Megmar610 »

Katymac, it seems for Urdang that they have given percentages out as we don't know of anyone that has got 100% but lots of 20, 30% etc we were told that not many colleges give 100% now as they give smaller amounts so they can help more people. Hope this makes sense. My dd has got the equilivant of one years fees free, which we are thrilled about.