Lots of luck to all auditionees! & a place to put results

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Re: Lots of luck to all auditionees! & a place to put result

Post by bop2thetop »

Thanks very much everyone!! Yes we're really pleased. She would prefer to do a Degree and the recall is to sort out who does the Degree and it's also for the DADA too. We have got a couple more auditions to do. Bird and GSA so we will see how she gets in there too. But to get in at Urdang is very exciting :) Thanks again everyone for your kind wishes and good luck to everyone auditioning :)
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Sorry I meant 'we'll see how she gets on there too'
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

DD just had a letter from Bird - offering a place on their BA (Hons) :D She already has a place at Trinity Laban on their BA so has some decision making to do...
Still waiting to hear from Urdang and London Contemporary (didn't get asked to stay for interview there so pretty sure that's a 'no'). LIPA, DanceCity, Northern Contemporay and Laine auditions coming up, trains and travelodges already booked, but Bird want to know by Feb 14th! Hmmm
Sweep
BRIT Award

Post by Sweep »

Great news from Carriecrafts and bop2thetop. Fantastic to have a choice. My dd also keen on the degree course at Urdang, so I would be interested to hear what they ask of you there. Good luck on all your decisions. We don't start this process until next year.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Carriecrafts.. Well done to your DD. But how can you let Bird know by the 14th Feb if you haven't yet been to all your other auditions? For other university degree courses you have to wait until you receive all your offers before you accept the one you want. This doesn't seem fair to me. Can you ask if you can have more time?
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Thank you Sweep. I will keep everyone posted about how the recall goes at Urdang but feel free to private message me. I will be happy to help :D
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Bird have asked for confirmation direct to them but not mentioned UCAS, so I'm presuming that DD can confirm with Bird and still go ahead with the other auditions. It would only affect the other UCAS ones anyway; Urdang, LIPA and DanceCity as Northern Contemporary and Laine are independant applications.
DD would choose Bird over LIPA and DanceCity but I'm not sure about Urdang, she absolutely loved the audition day, so she'll wait to hear from them, hopefully any day now...
She knows Laine is unrealistic, she'd need a DaDA and even then I doubt we could manage the living costs.
Laban is through CUKAS and she has until 3rd April to confirm/decline that place. Yes, she is feeling very lucky to have such good choices :)
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

well done to your dd carriecrafts how lovely to have a choice :) My dd has been offered foundation at Urdang but has only just turned 16 - she is thrilled as she found it very hard and didn't think she's done very well. We are at Laine on 17th Feb - good luck with your results and decisions :D :D
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Good luck at Laine suesmith, it is nice going into an audition knowing you already have a place somewhere. My DD is there on 24th. TBH she is only doing it on the non-existent chance that we win the lottery!
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

Congratulations to everyone's DCs, what a really talented bunch!! =D> =D> …..(I remember the stress all too well….. ;))

Good luck for the rest of your auditions/recalls!! Xx
Megmar610
GRAMMY Award

Post by Megmar610 »

Still waiting to hear back from Urdang :(
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

If it helps Carriecraft we heard the result of the Urdang audition about 10 days after. But then you have to go back for a recall to see if you can go on the Degree course. When you say Bird need to know by 14th Feb do you need to give them any money to keep the place at all?
My DD's not auditioning for any where like Laines because we just couldn't afford it. Even with a DADA. It's such a shame that Performers/Dancers find it so difficult financially. All other subjects are covered by Student loans etc. oh well that's the way it is I suppose.
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

bop2thetop wrote:If it helps Carriecraft we heard the result of the Urdang audition about 10 days after. But then you have to go back for a recall to see if you can go on the Degree course. When you say Bird need to know by 14th Feb do you need to give them any money to keep the place at all?
My DD's not auditioning for any where like Laines because we just couldn't afford it. Even with a DADA. It's such a shame that Performers/Dancers find it so difficult financially. All other subjects are covered by Student loans etc. oh well that's the way it is I suppose.
Yep I agree. We would be in the same position, but I have been told that quite a few of the well know colleges and universities have student loans available. im sure your dd will find something. Good luck.
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

Thanks bop2thetop, her Urdang audition was 26th Jan so I guess we should hear any day now.

Bird have asked for return of a simple yes/no acceptance form or confirmation by email, no fee, but they say if she doesn't respond they will withdraw the offer. I'm guessing, as UCAS Track isn't showing the offer yet, that they will only make it official via UCAS once she has confirmed to them. It seems a bit complicated with the schools that have this dual application route.

She applied for 9 courses, 8 degrees with student finance available for the whole fees (unlike at some where it only covers part of the fees #-o ) plus Laine as the only one without. She was offered the 3yr diploma at Laine 2 years ago but didn't get a DaDA so couldn't go. She knows she can't go to Laine even with a DaDA now that Housing Benefit has been withdrawn but she just really wanted to go through the audition process there again, as she loved it so much, on the off-chance of a lottery win or extra scholarship! Its a risk to her pride though if she doesn't get in this time round...

She is over the moon with the Bird offer and I think that's where she'll go :)
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Oh it's so difficult isn't it? But they do say 'a bird in the hand...' ( quite literally with Bird - haha) If she didn't get on the Urdang degree course you would kick yourself for not accepting the Bird offer. The problem is when you hear back from Urdang re the first audition you still have to wait to have a recall and then wait for the result of that. I can see it from there side as well. They know that if you don't want the place they have more places to offer out to other dancers that have auditioned. But from our point of view it's forcing you to make a quick decision when you haven't got all your offers yet. It's a difficult one. But she has done so well to get the Degree place. Keep in touch and let us know what she decides. Did your DD like it at Bird? My DD has an audition there on 27th Feb :D