Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Help from anyone offered Wilkes degree if poss. Dd has received contract today which needs returning by next Saturday or they can’t guarantee they’ll hold her place. If we return the contract and she then decides not to go we have to pay £1500! Dd still has a video audition left to do and didn’t want to make a decision until she’d done that as it is for where she is now and she loves both places equally. Just wondered what other people had done?

hewood
BRIT Award
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by hewood » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 pm

Annabel1 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm
hi all
dd has received an offer for the BA Hons at Arts ED and is obviously over the moon.
does anyone know how student finance works here - it s not entirely clear from the website
I note that you can apply for a student loan to cover part of the fees - leaving approximately a £9k shortfall?
does anyone know if a maintenance loan can also be applied for from student loans company ? - I assume so, but its not clear - obviously this is crucial!
A DADA is no good as joint income just exceeds the maximum DADA amount - so we will have to pursue the BA Hons route.

any clarity would be useful - thanks all
Hi annabel1 congratulations to your dd it's a brilliant achievement . Was she on the Foundation course at Artsed or is this off the reserve list? My dd is on the reserve list and waiting to hear where she is.

Thanks

becmum
BRIT Award
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by becmum » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Annabel1 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm
hi all
dd has received an offer for the BA Hons at Arts ED and is obviously over the moon.
does anyone know how student finance works here - it s not entirely clear from the website
I note that you can apply for a student loan to cover part of the fees - leaving approximately a £9k shortfall?
does anyone know if a maintenance loan can also be applied for from student loans company ? - I assume so, but its not clear - obviously this is crucial!
A DADA is no good as joint income just exceeds the maximum DADA amount - so we will have to pursue the BA Hons route.

any clarity would be useful - thanks all
Many congratulations on the offer!!! Fantastic news 🙌

Annabel1
Nominee
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Annabel1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:07 am

Thanks f the replies
She auditioned straight from 6rh form college was recalled on the day and then had to attend a 2nd recall last week
She received the offer by email the day after the 2nd recall
No - she didn’t do a foundation course and wasn’t on the reserve list - hope this helps

dancingdreams
Nominee
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:45 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by dancingdreams » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am

MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Help from anyone offered Wilkes degree if poss. Dd has received contract today which needs returning by next Saturday or they can’t guarantee they’ll hold her place. If we return the contract and she then decides not to go we have to pay £1500! Dd still has a video audition left to do and didn’t want to make a decision until she’d done that as it is for where she is now and she loves both places equally. Just wondered what other people had done?
My dd in exactly the same position! She still has to submit her LIPA audition video, however she thinks that no matter the outcome from LIPA Wilkes is still top choice. We’ve decided to send back the contract as don’t want to risk losing her space for somewhere she hasn’t even got a place at yet and may not want to go to. If she decides against Wilkes then I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it (hopefully not)! I do think it’s difficult to make such a financial commitment when many people still haven’t finished auditions...

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:42 am

dancingdreams wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Help from anyone offered Wilkes degree if poss. Dd has received contract today which needs returning by next Saturday or they can’t guarantee they’ll hold her place. If we return the contract and she then decides not to go we have to pay £1500! Dd still has a video audition left to do and didn’t want to make a decision until she’d done that as it is for where she is now and she loves both places equally. Just wondered what other people had done?
My dd in exactly the same position! She still has to submit her LIPA audition video, however she thinks that no matter the outcome from LIPA Wilkes is still top choice. We’ve decided to send back the contract as don’t want to risk losing her space for somewhere she hasn’t even got a place at yet and may not want to go to. If she decides against Wilkes then I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it (hopefully not)! I do think it’s difficult to make such a financial commitment when many people still haven’t finished auditions...
I know, and especially with everything else that’s going on at the moment you think they’d give them a little more time! Problem my daughter has is the place she still has to audition is where she’s doing her pre-voc course so she does want to go there, but absolutely loved Wilkes too so isn’t sure which she would choose if she got in both. We just don’t have £1500 to lose, we’ve already paid £150 deposit! Grrr......

go for it
BRIT Award
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by go for it » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Annabel1 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm
hi all
dd has received an offer for the BA Hons at Arts ED and is obviously over the moon.
does anyone know how student finance works here - it s not entirely clear from the website
I note that you can apply for a student loan to cover part of the fees - leaving approximately a £9k shortfall?
does anyone know if a maintenance loan can also be applied for from student loans company ? - I assume so, but its not clear - obviously this is crucial!
A DADA is no good as joint income just exceeds the maximum DADA amount - so we will have to pursue the BA Hons route.

any clarity would be useful - thanks all
My daughter is first year degree at Artsed. She receives a maintenance loan of 8000, and a student loan of 6000, I believe that's the maximum you can get.Well done to your dd, fantastic!

hewood
BRIT Award
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by hewood » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:09 pm

Annabel1 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:07 am
Thanks f the replies
She auditioned straight from 6rh form college was recalled on the day and then had to attend a 2nd recall last week
She received the offer by email the day after the 2nd recall
No - she didn’t do a foundation course and wasn’t on the reserve list - hope this helps
Ah thanks, yes that's helpful :D

jasmine0323
BRIT Award
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by jasmine0323 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Annabel1 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm
hi all
dd has received an offer for the BA Hons at Arts ED and is obviously over the moon.
does anyone know how student finance works here - it s not entirely clear from the website
I note that you can apply for a student loan to cover part of the fees - leaving approximately a £9k shortfall?
does anyone know if a maintenance loan can also be applied for from student loans company ? - I assume so, but its not clear - obviously this is crucial!
A DADA is no good as joint income just exceeds the maximum DADA amount - so we will have to pursue the BA Hons route.

any clarity would be useful - thanks all
Well done to your dd!! 👏🥳

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 am

dancingdreams wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Help from anyone offered Wilkes degree if poss. Dd has received contract today which needs returning by next Saturday or they can’t guarantee they’ll hold her place. If we return the contract and she then decides not to go we have to pay £1500! Dd still has a video audition left to do and didn’t want to make a decision until she’d done that as it is for where she is now and she loves both places equally. Just wondered what other people had done?
My dd in exactly the same position! She still has to submit her LIPA audition video, however she thinks that no matter the outcome from LIPA Wilkes is still top choice. We’ve decided to send back the contract as don’t want to risk losing her space for somewhere she hasn’t even got a place at yet and may not want to go to. If she decides against Wilkes then I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it (hopefully not)! I do think it’s difficult to make such a financial commitment when many people still haven’t finished auditions...
Well stress over and decision made, dd got waiting list at Performers so she’s off to Wilkes and contract being posted today! So looks like our daughters might be together next year! If she decides she is and wants to get in touch with mine just send a PM. How old is your dd? Mine is 19 next month so is hoping to go straight into a house. SO happy to have made the decision at last and dd is VERY excited x

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Munchpot » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 pm

MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Well stress over and decision made, dd got waiting list at Performers so she’s off to Wilkes and contract being posted today! So looks like our daughters might be together next year! If she decides she is and wants to get in touch with mine just send a PM. How old is your dd? Mine is 19 next month so is hoping to go straight into a house. SO happy to have made the decision at last and dd is VERY excited x
Congratulations to your DD - it's always such a relief when the decision is finally made, especially in the current climate

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:56 pm

Munchpot wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Well stress over and decision made, dd got waiting list at Performers so she’s off to Wilkes and contract being posted today! So looks like our daughters might be together next year! If she decides she is and wants to get in touch with mine just send a PM. How old is your dd? Mine is 19 next month so is hoping to go straight into a house. SO happy to have made the decision at last and dd is VERY excited x
Congratulations to your DD - it's always such a relief when the decision is finally made, especially in the current climate
It’s been an awful week for sure, for everyone but now we can start to make plans. Good luck to everyone else x

jasmine0323
BRIT Award
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by jasmine0323 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:32 pm

It’s a dreadful time for all of them - my dd is in the garden as I write this doing a virtual jazz class👌😁

Crazytime
Nominee
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Crazytime » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:27 am

MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 am
dancingdreams wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Help from anyone offered Wilkes degree if poss. Dd has received contract today which needs returning by next Saturday or they can’t guarantee they’ll hold her place. If we return the contract and she then decides not to go we have to pay £1500! Dd still has a video audition left to do and didn’t want to make a decision until she’d done that as it is for where she is now and she loves both places equally. Just wondered what other people had done?
My dd in exactly the same position! She still has to submit her LIPA audition video, however she thinks that no matter the outcome from LIPA Wilkes is still top choice. We’ve decided to send back the contract as don’t want to risk losing her space for somewhere she hasn’t even got a place at yet and may not want to go to. If she decides against Wilkes then I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it (hopefully not)! I do think it’s difficult to make such a financial commitment when many people still haven’t finished auditions...
Well stress over and decision made, dd got waiting list at Performers so she’s off to Wilkes and contract being posted today! So looks like our daughters might be together next year! If she decides she is and wants to get in touch with mine just send a PM. How old is your dd? Mine is 19 next month so is hoping to go straight into a house. SO happy to have made the decision at last and dd is VERY excited x
Congratulations to your DD ! It’s such an awful stressful
Time for everyone :( mine has done one video audition and has one more left to go . She doesn’t feel 100pc sure about it all as obv limited space and what you can do , however she’s very good in front of a camera so I’m keeping all crossed that it’s in her favour !

becmum
BRIT Award
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by becmum » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:42 pm

MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 am
dancingdreams wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:04 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:35 pm
Help from anyone offered Wilkes degree if poss. Dd has received contract today which needs returning by next Saturday or they can’t guarantee they’ll hold her place. If we return the contract and she then decides not to go we have to pay £1500! Dd still has a video audition left to do and didn’t want to make a decision until she’d done that as it is for where she is now and she loves both places equally. Just wondered what other people had done?
My dd in exactly the same position! She still has to submit her LIPA audition video, however she thinks that no matter the outcome from LIPA Wilkes is still top choice. We’ve decided to send back the contract as don’t want to risk losing her space for somewhere she hasn’t even got a place at yet and may not want to go to. If she decides against Wilkes then I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it (hopefully not)! I do think it’s difficult to make such a financial commitment when many people still haven’t finished auditions...
Well stress over and decision made, dd got waiting list at Performers so she’s off to Wilkes and contract being posted today! So looks like our daughters might be together next year! If she decides she is and wants to get in touch with mine just send a PM. How old is your dd? Mine is 19 next month so is hoping to go straight into a house. SO happy to have made the decision at last and dd is VERY excited x
Fantastic news!! Well done you can relax now and get things organised xxx

Post Reply