Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MTDreams
Nominee
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MTDreams » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Thank you Marissa :D

MTDreams
Nominee
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MTDreams » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:59 am

Hello, has anyone on here applied to Mountview or Arts Ed recently? My DD has applied to both over 2 weeks ago and has yet to hear from either. Just wondered if it was normal to have to wait so long?

Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Proseccoplease » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:37 pm

DS applied for Arts Ed sixth form and it was at least two weeks before we heard back but sure they won't mind you checking!

Dancemum1973
BRIT Award
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:40 pm

MTDreams wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:59 am
Hello, has anyone on here applied to Mountview or Arts Ed recently? My DD has applied to both over 2 weeks ago and has yet to hear from either. Just wondered if it was normal to have to wait so long?
We heard back from Arts Ed within the hour of hitting the send button and Mountview under a week. Both was for the degree in musical theatre though. We applied on thursday last week.

MTDreams
Nominee
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MTDreams » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:05 pm

Dancemum1973 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:40 pm
MTDreams wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:59 am
Hello, has anyone on here applied to Mountview or Arts Ed recently? My DD has applied to both over 2 weeks ago and has yet to hear from either. Just wondered if it was normal to have to wait so long?
We heard back from Arts Ed within the hour of hitting the send button and Mountview under a week. Both was for the degree in musical theatre though. We applied on thursday last week.
Oh really? Thats strange then, as we applied for the same courses. She sent hers off on the 12th November. I will call them both tomorrow. She's getting nervous as she doesn't want really late auditions. Thank you for your reply!

Dancemum1973
BRIT Award
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:08 pm

MTDreams wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:05 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:40 pm
MTDreams wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:59 am
Hello, has anyone on here applied to Mountview or Arts Ed recently? My DD has applied to both over 2 weeks ago and has yet to hear from either. Just wondered if it was normal to have to wait so long?
We heard back from Arts Ed within the hour of hitting the send button and Mountview under a week. Both was for the degree in musical theatre though. We applied on thursday last week.
Oh really? Thats strange then, as we applied for the same courses. She sent hers off on the 12th November. I will call them both tomorrow. She's getting nervous as she doesn't want really late auditions. Thank you for your reply!
That's odd. We applied online for both. Has emails gone in her junk?
Both were email audition offers sent to my daughter.

MTDreams
Nominee
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MTDreams » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:39 pm

Dancemum1973 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:08 pm
MTDreams wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:05 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:40 pm
We heard back from Arts Ed within the hour of hitting the send button and Mountview under a week. Both was for the degree in musical theatre though. We applied on thursday last week.
Oh really? Thats strange then, as we applied for the same courses. She sent hers off on the 12th November. I will call them both tomorrow. She's getting nervous as she doesn't want really late auditions. Thank you for your reply!
That's odd. We applied online for both. Has emails gone in her junk?
Both were email audition offers sent to my daughter.
I know she has been checking every day, but she may not have checked her junk ](*,) I didn't even think to remind her to check. Will ask her when she gets home. Hopefully that's what it is!

Ib111
Nominee
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Ib111 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Update from Dd's Bird audition yesterday...
Talk in the theatre then dance classes in the morning.Then monologue, solo song and interview in afternoon. A couple got offers for degree course on the day (not my dd!)

becmum
BRIT Award
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:35 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by becmum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Ib111 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:48 pm
Update from Dd's Bird audition yesterday...
Talk in the theatre then dance classes in the morning.Then monologue, solo song and interview in afternoon. A couple got offers for degree course on the day (not my dd!)
Hope she felt it went well! My daughter got a diploma offer from Bird within a week of her audition last November but decided on doing foundation at Laine this year...so she’s just about to start applications again🙄. She definitely made the right decision for her and has made great progress in this first term. Not looking forward to the audition round again though.

Dancemum1973
BRIT Award
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:49 pm

How long does it take for the bird audition to come through? We sent the postal degree application over 10 days ago. I guess it's just that we heard back so quickly from the electronic application places that I'm getting impatient now. Also applied to Bodyworks at the same time by post and haven't heard from them either.

Dancemum1973
BRIT Award
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:02 am

Ah Bird sent an audition out today and only recieved application yesterday and Bodyworks havent received theirs. Posted 21st November. Very strange! Four auditions through now for february and march.

lotsolaffs
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:22 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by lotsolaffs » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:30 am

DD had her first audition yesterday at ArtsEd. I heard from her at 9am when she was in Starbucks with friends also attending. I then spent the day worryin doing paperwork,going to the dump, cleaning, checking phone,messages, emails ,didn't hear from her until 5.45. She got through to the recall stage so just waiting to hear now.
I don't know how I can manage another five auditions. It's all happening really quickly now.

go for it
BRIT Award
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by go for it » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:21 am

Good luck to your DD my daughter started the degree course at Artsed this September. They only recall very few so that's already a great achievement fingers crossed for her, they usually let you know very quickly, we went through it all last year! Yes stressful times! Good luck for the rest.

MTDreams
Nominee
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MTDreams » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:40 am

Dancemum1973 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:02 am
Ah Bird sent an audition out today and only recieved application yesterday and Bodyworks havent received theirs. Posted 21st November. Very strange! Four auditions through now for february and march.
I am assuming its because of the extra Xmas post that Royal Mail are taking ages. Very frustrating for everyone waiting to hear though! Our Bird application is going in the post today.

MTDreams
Nominee
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MTDreams » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am

lotsolaffs wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:30 am
DD had her first audition yesterday at ArtsEd. I heard from her at 9am when she was in Starbucks with friends also attending. I then spent the day worryin doing paperwork,going to the dump, cleaning, checking phone,messages, emails ,didn't hear from her until 5.45. She got through to the recall stage so just waiting to hear now.
I don't know how I can manage another five auditions. It's all happening really quickly now.
Thats amazing, well done to your DD :D

Post Reply