Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Post Reply
User avatar
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award
Posts: 2113
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by riverdancefan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:06 am

Hi there, 2020 entry is coming!!
thought I would start a new thread as the 2019 thread is in full swing and coming to an end.
It has been a stressful process for all, and I know the new set of applications are or will be underway.
Here's wishing everyone the best of luck for their chosen training..
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE

DadofACP
Nominee
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by DadofACP » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:10 pm

I will keep an eye on this post, as my son auditioning for Sept 2020 entry.

I did start a post on here 25/1/19 titled "Fully funded BA MT Sept 2020 advise sought" and had some great help so far.

My son had a boys trial day at Performers College on Saturday just gone and loved it. He is booked on the trial day at Emil Dale at the end of August and his 6th form performing arts group are visiting Urdang and Millenium next week.

He has just started his UCAS registration, albeit a little to early for applications yet.

So far the ones in the running for us are GSA, Bird, PPA, Performers, Urdang & Emil Dale (possibly Trinity Laban & Italia Conti).

Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Proseccoplease » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Will also be keeping an eye out! DS wants to audition for Arts Ed sixth form. He also wants to study Alevel History so choices are rather narrow!

Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dodger'smum » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:42 am

DadofACP wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:10 pm
My son had a boys trial day at Performers College on Saturday just gone and loved it. He is booked on the trial day at Emil Dale at the end of August and his 6th form performing arts group are visiting Urdang and Millenium next week.
Oh I would have said hello if I'd known who you were! DS thoroughly enjoyed the day and was grateful for what he came away with. Good move going to see EDA by the way, you won't be disappointed. DS has another year left on the BTEC and has enjoyed every moment.
Enjoy! 8)

daisy1
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by daisy1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:44 am

Ooh, I’m really glad this thread has been started, I’ve been watching the 2019 one for a while, and now it’s our turn :shock:
DD is just finishing first year at sixth form and we’ve started doing some research in where to go next for a musical theatre BA. She’s strongest in singing and acting, and is a capable dancer, though she sees herself as weaker in this area. For that reason she’s decided not to investigate the more dancey colleges like Bird and Laine. We’ve been to Chichester last weekend and thought it was great, GSA is next weekend. On the list as well are Arts Ed, Mountview, Emil Dale, Trinity Laban, maybe Italia Conti and Performers (though are they also really dancey?) However loads of these don’t seem to do open days which seems to be a bit of a risk, if you apply to audition having never seen them? Are there others that we haven’t thought of which would play to her strengths? Any advice greatly appreciated!

islandofsodor
BAFTA Award
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by islandofsodor » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am

Hammond. The MT BA course is less dancy than the dance diploma but they stream the dance and you get the same teachers as the diploma students do meaning that by the end of the 3 years most students have improved in their dance a lot. The singing is very strong too. You have missed this years Open Days but the one will be the beginning of October.
Everybody has the right to dream

Marissa
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Marissa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:42 am

islandofsodor wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am
Hammond. The MT BA course is less dancy than the dance diploma but they stream the dance and you get the same teachers as the diploma students do meaning that by the end of the 3 years most students have improved in their dance a lot. The singing is very strong too. You have missed this years Open Days but the one will be the beginning of October.
My Dd is here now and it was the only choice that she didn't check out before the audition day. Although my Dd strengths were singing and acting, the dancing has now taken over due to how much she loves The Hammond x
What she has found is because of the streaming you can do as much or as little dance that you want. Dd has taken on every class possible and has improved so much!

biscuitsneeded
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by biscuitsneeded » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:53 pm

daisy1 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:44 am
Ooh, I’m really glad this thread has been started, I’ve been watching the 2019 one for a while, and now it’s our turn :shock:
DD is just finishing first year at sixth form and we’ve started doing some research in where to go next for a musical theatre BA. She’s strongest in singing and acting, and is a capable dancer, though she sees herself as weaker in this area. For that reason she’s decided not to investigate the more dancey colleges like Bird and Laine. We’ve been to Chichester last weekend and thought it was great, GSA is next weekend. On the list as well are Arts Ed, Mountview, Emil Dale, Trinity Laban, maybe Italia Conti and Performers (though are they also really dancey?) However loads of these don’t seem to do open days which seems to be a bit of a risk, if you apply to audition having never seen them? Are there others that we haven’t thought of which would play to her strengths? Any advice greatly appreciated!
I would maybe add Central School to your list -although it's apparently quite marmite!

lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:36 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by lbm1e14 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 pm

biscuitsneeded wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:53 pm
daisy1 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:44 am
Ooh, I’m really glad this thread has been started, I’ve been watching the 2019 one for a while, and now it’s our turn :shock:
DD is just finishing first year at sixth form and we’ve started doing some research in where to go next for a musical theatre BA. She’s strongest in singing and acting, and is a capable dancer, though she sees herself as weaker in this area. For that reason she’s decided not to investigate the more dancey colleges like Bird and Laine. We’ve been to Chichester last weekend and thought it was great, GSA is next weekend. On the list as well are Arts Ed, Mountview, Emil Dale, Trinity Laban, maybe Italia Conti and Performers (though are they also really dancey?) However loads of these don’t seem to do open days which seems to be a bit of a risk, if you apply to audition having never seen them? Are there others that we haven’t thought of which would play to her strengths? Any advice greatly appreciated!
I would maybe add Central School to your list -although it's apparently quite marmite!
Must of the colleges are happy for you to be strong in two disciplines and able/trainable in the third. Even the “dancey” ones don’t only take strong dancers. If however DD does want to avoid too much dance, then as well as Central she could look at the London College if Music which has a very low dance content.

Dancemum1973
Nominee
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 am

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Dancemum1973 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi
DD will be auditioning for entry in 2020. Hoping for some support during the coming months!

MygirlsloveMT
BRIT Award
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:58 pm

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:56 pm

I’ll be following too as we follow this process for a second year running. DD is starting a Pre-Voc year at Performers in September so will be auditioning again for degree courses in 2020, more stressful times ahead but at least this year she’ll be a lot more experienced.

Post Reply