Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Scarytimes »

Fullmoon wrote:
Candafitt wrote:I’m trying everything to get an answer, I’ve just Dm on twitter and they’ve replied with an apology and that they will contact admissions tomorrow. My DS has said, it’s been that long he can’t see it being good news. :( :(
Fingers crossed for you [-o<
I expect at this point he/you just want a response whatever it is!! Hopefully tomorrow if they are embarrassed enough
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Candafitt wrote:
Munchpot wrote:Whilst we're still waiting for an answer of DD's last audition, she can home today to say that a friend of hers got an offer from GSA on Tuesday and today they told him they had made a mistake and weren't offering him a place after all ](*,)
I can’t believe that!! That is just awful and so cruel, poor thing. :(
If you accept the offer on UCAS before you were told that GSA had made a mistake then GSA have to honour the offer. If you didn’t accept on UCAS then GSA can withdraw the offer. I know this because last year we had a similar senario (not with GSA) and this is what UCAS told my DD.
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

I'm struggling to believe everything I'm reading. It's so cruel and unfair. These young people are having to make big decisions and the colleges keep changing the goal posts. Hoping for some positive news for everyone trapped in this waiting game soon.
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

DS has rang GSA again today! He’s just taking it that he must be on reserve, as they were no clearer really. Other than saying reserve. But when he says “so that’s the actual ‘reserve list’” they don’t seem to give him a straight answer!! But it’s not a no I suppose so there is that #-o #-o #-o
He has also spoken to some people that know that places have been offered so he’s just going to take it as ‘reserve’ and focus on Trinity Laban. Just so annoying.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:DS has rang GSA again today! He’s just taking it that he must be on reserve, as they were no clearer really. Other than saying reserve. But when he says “so that’s the actual ‘reserve list’” they don’t seem to give him a straight answer!! But it’s not a no I suppose so there is that #-o #-o #-o
He has also spoken to some people that know that places have been offered so he’s just going to take it as ‘reserve’ and focus on Trinity Laban. Just so annoying.
Sounds like a sensible decision to reduce the stress a little bit!

No news on the Laine waiting lists anyone? Feels selfish asking when I know some of you are still waiting to hear anything from them!!
em2512
Nominee

Post by em2512 »

Scarytimes wrote:
Candafitt wrote:DS has rang GSA again today! He’s just taking it that he must be on reserve, as they were no clearer really. Other than saying reserve. But when he says “so that’s the actual ‘reserve list’” they don’t seem to give him a straight answer!! But it’s not a no I suppose so there is that #-o #-o #-o

No news on the Laine waiting lists anyone? Feels selfish asking when I know some of you are still waiting to hear anything from them!!
We have still not heard anything from Laine at all, its so frustrating :(
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

em2512 wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

We have still not heard anything from Laine at all, its so frustrating :(
I sympathise. I just can’t see what the delay is! If they are waiting for replies from those with offers then can they not just let people know where they are on a waiting list?
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

rhythmanddreams wrote:I've not been on for a while as my DD has decided on a gap year, but just to say congratulations to everyone whose children have recently been awarded places and DADAs over the past few weeks. Thinking about all of you who are still waiting - it must be so stressful (and we may be in this situation next year). Best of luck to everyone whose children are about to sit their GCSEs and A-Levels, and especially to those who need specific grades for their places in Sept xx
You don't have long to wait Rhythm - with everything you and your DD went through this year I will look forward to hearing about your progress xx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Munchpot wrote:Whilst we're still waiting for an answer of DD's last audition, she can home today to say that a friend of hers got an offer from GSA on Tuesday and today they told him they had made a mistake and weren't offering him a place after all ](*,)
:shock: :shock: that is disgraceful!!! I'm sorry but we think waiting to find out if a yes or no is bad. This is just out right cruel!!!! Imagine the happiness to be told you have a place and celebrating then being told no. With this and Candafitts updates not a good impression at all
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

bro1234 wrote:Munchpot

That is a terrible way for the college to behave, that poor student could of gave up his offers elsewhere based on that offer. How can they retract it after being offered!
Yes that's a point. The impact on mental health could also be serious. We all know the rollercoaster DCs go through - this is irresponsible.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

I have just caught up on your updates and I too think it's a good idea to focus on Trinity. It's the first I've heard their being a 'sub' reserve list which makes it complicated. It should be you're either on the reserve list or not - why can't they just say that?! Just seems to be chaotic at the moment at GSA from what I've read so yes channelling your energies on other possibilities will be better for your sanity!
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Live_thedream wrote:
I have just caught up on your updates and I too think it's a good idea to focus on Trinity. It's the first I've heard their being a 'sub' reserve list which makes it complicated. It should be you're either on the reserve list or not - why can't they just say that?! Just seems to be chaotic at the moment at GSA from what I've read so yes channelling your energies on other possibilities will be better for your sanity!

Yes it’s all we can do, I feel so sorry for him. He’s an intelligent lad so he would not normally get confused by what someone is saying but it’s so unclear. So they’ve said....Yes, UCAS has been declined, but they said they can reverse if offered and No, he’s not on reserve, but we will let you know at the end of the recalls if your on reserve, offered or declined. But that hasn’t happened! All they continue to say when he calls is, we can’t give u an answer as yet. So he’s just took us as ‘some sort’ of reserve. It’s so cruel and you’re dead right it’s so chaotic, really doesn’t fill me with much positivity.

Fed up. there doesn’t seem to be many on here waiting for GSA either? I know some have offers pending results. So I feel a bit alone on this one. Thanks for everyone’s support though x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Live_thedream wrote:
:shock: :shock: that is disgraceful!!! I'm sorry but we think waiting to find out if a yes or no is bad. This is just out right cruel!!!! Imagine the happiness to be told you have a place and celebrating then being told no. With this and Candafitts updates not a good impression at all
Yes it’s just awful, and to add to that they’ve got that stress along side up and coming exams! No help whatsoever. Terrible
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

We are here for you Candafitt xxx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:We are here for you Candafitt xxx
Definitely. Lots of calm thoughts to all the DC still waiting for results, reserves, A levels, BTECHs and more!