foundation course housing benefit

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Munchpot
BRIT Award

Re: foundation course housing benefit

Postby Munchpot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:54 am

Robin64 wrote:First rejection letter received. Dated 29th September arrived at DDs today as they had not put the correct address on it with no flat or room number!

Rejected on the grounds she is a student ( sigh! ) Will be appealing of course.

It's totally ridiculous that they act like this. You would have thought they would have learned by now!

Here we go again
Nominee

Postby Here we go again » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:56 pm

I rang the council today as my DD took all the paperwork in nearly a month ago. Apparently they haven't even looked at it yet in spite of their turn around being 2 weeks. On a more positive note someone on her course is actually now in receipt of HB (backdated) so fingers crossed.

Robin64
GRAMMY Award

Postby Robin64 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Here we go again wrote:I rang the council today as my DD took all the paperwork in nearly a month ago. Apparently they haven't even looked at it yet in spite of their turn around being 2 weeks. On a more positive note someone on her course is actually now in receipt of HB (backdated) so fingers crossed.

I think one of the tactics must be keep people waiting so long they might give up! Good to know someone has got it sorted. Why does it have to be such a battle? But I expected as much. I have sent the appeal letter today special delivery so it is fully tracked - not having anyone say they didn't receive it! good luck with yours x

Return to “Training”