Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by Dogcop »

Laine told us they would probably have more news on the reserve list by middle of next week
lindy7
BRIT Award

Post by lindy7 »

Hi All

Well my DD has finished auditioning at last and has had two foundation offers for MT but has now been put on the reserve list for GSA Acting which is fabulous since she has only just turned 18 however she has mixed emotions as it is still not a definite offer. So I wondered if anyone out there has been in the same boat now or previously and was luck enough to receive an offer and can I contact them to see where she is on the reserve list as all new to this!!
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

DD has been offered BA place at Urdang her dream college, after being offered a partially funded diploma place last year this is just a dream come true! I suppose what I'm trying to say, anyone who hasn't got what they wanted this year, DO NOT be down hearted, take a year, work hard and it will all work it's self out!
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Letter arrived from Performers today - no funding for Dd so 3 options given. 1) Fund place ourselves - not an option. 2) Do a pre voc there - she's already on a pre-voc so doesn't want to do another. 3) Reserve list. Guess that will be option 3 then.
So we now have 2 Reserve places - Performers and Bodyworks and still no news from Laine so trying to work out what to do next year in the likely event of no funding :(
Xxxlisaxxx
BRIT Award

Post by Xxxlisaxxx »

Congrats dancingmoll...fantastic news. We area still waiting to hear from Urdang but it looks like they're getting through people slowly.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Lindy7 you most definitely can contact the colleges to see where you are on the list . If they Hv finished auditioning then they should Hv a pretty clear idea.places go come up on reserve lists , so stay positive. I know someone who got a place as a reserve in August at another place. It was a mad rush but they did it.
Danceandsing
BRIT Award

Post by Danceandsing »

I agree stick with reserve lists if you know your place on them. They do move quickly when they start!
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Letter arrived from Laine this morning - 'no' for funding and no reserve list :(
Kathy3girls
Nominee

Post by Kathy3girls »

Millenium have said the deadline for confirming acceptance for BA Hons Musical Theatre is May 11th - financial commitment then
Anyone else have offer there - other offers to consider and I'm thinking of phoning on Monday to ask for more time
Losingtheplot
BRIT Award

Post by Losingtheplot »

Just some words of encouragement for those still awaiting offers/funding or a place off reserve. My DD was on BA reserve and DaDa reserve last year. We really didn't know what to do and as time passed we decided to accept a place on the foundation course with the hope that she would get a dada before the start of term. The college were very kind and agreed to wait before we made any big financial commitment, however as we approached mid July we were unable to hold off any longer so we ended up paying the deposit for the foundation and for one months rent. This whole process is very stressful and knowing what to do for the best is so hard. Once we made the decision and paid we thought we were sorted. We were due to travel down and move DD in to her new house but she received an offer of the 3 yr BA Hon's on 28th Aug,3 days before we were due to move DD. We had made a huge financially commitment but having thought long and hard my DD accepted the BA offer and has never looked back. I think what we lost financially in the short term we gained in the long term. She is now nearing the end of her first year and has enjoyed every second. She has come on in leaps and bounds. I suppose what I am trying to say is there is always hope, never give up the faith as things can work out in the end. Good luck everyone !
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

We're still waiting to hear on funding too!
Waiting eagerly for the post on my days off, but still nothing!
Tomorrow we are back to Tiffanys to attend their scholarship audition!! Fingers crossed
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

A friend of dd's received offers from Urdang, Performers, Masters, Bird, CPA, Bodywork and Millenium. He received a full scholarship to Masters but has decided to take up the offer at Bird. So that means a few places back in the pot and a funded offer too - don't lose hope, I'm sure there will be lots of movement over the next few weeks. Wishing you all lots of luck!
karen@nexusdsl.co.uk
Nominee

Post by karen@nexusdsl.co.uk »

jaybeeyellow.... sent a PM
dancingmoll
BRIT Award

Post by dancingmoll »

Any DCs heard back from Bird audition on the 21st?
Bambi
BRIT Award

Post by Bambi »

Just a note on reserve list for bird , DD was on reserve from first audition date in November and when they did dada in June we still stayed on reserve but I rang to see where on the list and DD was 5th so with in a week got an offer of a place and a DADA at the same time . Not sure how they work it thinking that DADA would go to people already with places ,not ones on reserve but she is now in second year and said most if not all were on reserve and got offered places x