Guildford Recalls. How long?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Guildford Recalls. How long?

Post by jaybeeyellow »

Does anybody know how long Guildford typically take between audition and recall?
My daughter auditioned about 10 days ago now, and we have heard nothing, either by e mail or UCAS.
Beginning to think that it is probably a no. :(
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Re: Guildford Recalls. How long?

Post by nextinline »

It took about a fortnight before we heard. From what I can tell there is no rhyme nor reason as to how long it takes. You hear through UCAS if a no, if I remember correctly and an email if recall. Good luck :D
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

I'm pretty sure ds got notification of recall via ucas. Not sure how long that took but think it was about a week. Try not to worry , where there is hope .......... Good luck!0
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

We are also still waiting...and my dd did her audition even earlier. Nothing on UCAS yet but she won't get a recall as she did an international audition so there won't be a recall just a yes or a no...

The fact that its been so long for us is worrying but there isn't anything I can do but get my dd to focus on the other auditions for the time being!

Good luck.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

It was about 2 weeks before DD heard she had a recall. When that came it was only a couple of weeks before the date of her recall so you need to be on the ball. They email them a list of songs to choose from. So not much time to learn a new one really. Good luck everyone it is an excellent school :D
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

Thanks everyone for your replies.
Maybe 10 days isn't too long after all. My daughter would love to get a re call for Guildford, but I know that it's really difficult to get in.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

That's right bop2thehop, forgot about the recall list. I don't think there is any definite time between audition and results. Waiting is dreadful though so I hope the wait is over soon.
LongRoad
BRIT Award

Post by LongRoad »

Will keep everything crossed for you and your DD hope it's good news.
This is a difficult time for those auditioning.
My DS has two final stage recalls coming up RWCMD on Saturday and RCS on Monday.
He's fine we're not!
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

Good luck to him.
Found out earlier, it was a no from Guildford :cry:
Never mind, there's always next year.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Have you considered a foundation course ?
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

Hi Oscar,
She has an offer for a Foundation Course from East 15, and has been recalled for the RADA foundation. Also a final re call for Man Met.
She always considered her singing better than her acting, but maybe that's not the case.
She would love RADA, but there is a huge cost implication. I think she will take the East 15 offer, and then try again next year.
Anyone have any advice? Is she doing the right thing. It's almost as if you have to have the failures in order to get it right the next time round.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

I think it depends on what she wants as an end result. If she wants to go into musical theatre it is all about acting through song as well as ability to sing, act and dance. I will pm you with some experiences ds has had RE auditioning and advice given if that helps.
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

thank you. I'm really grateful. So hard to really know how good[or not] she is. Also it would be so helpful if these schools would give feedback.
DD got to the final stages at Central, asked for feedback, but they said it would be the summer before they could respond