September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Re: September 2015

Post by Pearl »

We haven't had Laines yet but have an offer from Urdang. We received the offer with an invite to the funding audition in April. When we confirmed attendance at the funding audition you are asked if you want to apply for dada funding, urdang internal funding or both. If you only say dada then there is no charge but if you want both then there is a £75 fee towards the bursary money. Hope this helps x
Bring it on!!!
carriecrafts
GRAMMY Award

Post by carriecrafts »

If memory serves me right, last year Laine only asked for a deposit (£75?) if you want to hold the place regardless of DaDA funding; if you say you can only accept the place with a DaDA then there is no fee for the funding audition.

There used to be something in the DaDA guidelines stating that vocational schools were not allowed to charge a deposit for DaDA funding auditions (or to reserve places) if the student could only accept the place if awarded a DaDA. So Urdang and Laine are complying with the guidelines... It might be worth checking the guidelines and asking any schools to clarify whether the deposit they ask for is only for reserving an unfunded place.
x
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Congratulations to your DD Dancediva! Fantastic news!

We're still waiting on the Urdang decision here... and the Bird one for that matter... Looong wait!
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

Thanks for the info, will do some research.
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

Well done to your DDs afab and Mummyaud.

My DS had good news today too. He went to LSC almost two weeks ago and got an email today offering him a place straight onto the degree course without having to go back for a recall so he is delighted :D He already has an offer for Bird too, also on the degree course so he has some decisions to make now. We're hoping he can delay a final decision until after his other recalls/funding auditions but LSC are already talking about £500 to hold the place. I'm not sure when they need this by and how it works really as the offer is dependent on his A level results but they seem to want money in advance. Does anybody have any info about this? It all seems so complicated, but he has to get back to them to confirm the offer so maybe we will know more after that. #-o
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Frantastic news ajbew! I am pretty sure when my ds got his offer letter from Arts Ed three years ago they wanted £400 to hold the place. However, this was refundable should he not go provided you let them know by a certain date so may be worth contacting LSC to see what the situation is regarding the deposit.
All new to me!
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Well done to all the talented dds and dss getting offers . Is anyone going down the musical theatre route this year , gsa , arts ed and mountview etc. ds has a recall at mountview but not until may so that may prove tricky . Wonder why they changed it. Until last year they had recalls on the same day.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

DD is offered the Foundation course at Urdang and I can't find any information on fees. Can someone help? Thank you...
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

afab wrote:DD is offered the Foundation course at Urdang and I can't find any information on fees. Can someone help? Thank you...

Fee for course was £7000 but may go up slightly this year *gulp*
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Thank you DanceDiva... Our DDs might be together next year then... Where did you find the fees? I feel silly not being able to!
Still waiting for Bird here...
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

Hi Afab
It was on the email they send out as confirmation.
We still have auditions to do so no decisions being made here just yet - anyone know what we have to do about these offers in the meantime ??
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Everyoneis doing so well; Congratulations to you all (well your DCs)

I am feeling very out of control aswe donkt even start for 2 weeks (just after Move it when a new leotard maybe bought) and thendon't finish until nearly May

I am a nervous wreak but DD is fine <rolls eyes> can't believe how much more stressed I am this year than last
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Hi Dance Diva, we never got an email. I got the result from the Urdang website... The Bird envelope is sitting in front of me and DD is away! It's taunting me and I'm waiting for her to notice my text message between classes to tell me what to do... :oops: :shock: :? It will be a long afternoon!
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Haha afab, that made me laugh!!! Steam it open! We were lucky ours turned up on a saturday I don't think I could have sat and waited!!! Hope its good news [-o<
Bring it on!!!
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Luckily I didn't have to wait for too long. Texts are wonderful things!
Unfortunately it's a no for Bird but with a yes to Chichester, a yes to Urdang for foundation and a yes to LSC recall audition, she feels quite happy...
As it was her first round of auditions and she's always trained in France where MT is not the specialty, we're very proud of her! Motherly moment here! =D> :-({|=