Cheerleading

Moderator: busybusybusy

loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Cheerleading

Post by loladd33 »

Now I know this might be a controversial topic for some as fundamentally this is an acting dancing and singing website, the Performing Arts. However, give me a moment to explain why I believe cheerleading, which has just been recognised by the International Olympic Committee as a sport, is great and why I would recommend it to you.
(If you think I mean pompom waving, cheering cheerleading then please google ‘AllStar Cheerleading’.)

Firstly, we know all that this website is about takes a lot of training, if you want to make it, you should be fit and healthy. Cheerleading greatly helps your body to be in good shape and for you to be generally healthy.

Also, performing as a cheerleader is very helpful for facial expressions and just performance in general.
My DD has just joined a professional stunt team (look up stunts if you don’t know what they are) and is going to start competing soon. She still does all her performing arts, and she believes that cheerleading benefits her health and peformance greatly. She has just been made a junior coach of her school cheer team as well, which looks great on any CVs.

Basically, I would really recommend cheerleading to anybody, boy, girl, any age - adults can do it too! If you Have any more questions feel free to PM me!
Thanks for reading this long-winded explanation!
LolaDD33 x
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Re: Cheerleading

Post by jasmine2 »

loladd33 wrote:Now I know this might be a controversial topic for some as fundamentally this is an acting dancing and singing website, the Performing Arts. However, give me a moment to explain why I believe cheerleading, which has just been recognised by the International Olympic Committee as a sport, is great and why I would recommend it to you.
(If you think I mean pompom waving, cheering cheerleading then please google ‘AllStar Cheerleading’.)

Firstly, we know all that this website is about takes a lot of training, if you want to make it, you should be fit and healthy. Cheerleading greatly helps your body to be in good shape and for you to be generally healthy.

Also, performing as a cheerleader is very helpful for facial expressions and just performance in general.
My DD has just joined a professional stunt team (look up stunts if you don’t know what they are) and is going to start competing soon. She still does all her performing arts, and she believes that cheerleading benefits her health and peformance greatly. She has just been made a junior coach of her school cheer team as well, which looks great on any CVs.

Basically, I would really recommend cheerleading to anybody, boy, girl, any age - adults can do it too! If you Have any more questions feel free to PM me!
LolaDD33 x
I totally agree .. I am a TA in a primary school and I run a KS2 club..we also have a KS1 and a reception squad too. We perform free for local charities. Admittedly we don't do all the big lifts etc but we do some stunts and mostly do dance routines with pom poms. The KS2 squad have to audition to get in but they love it xx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Re: Cheerleading

Post by loladd33 »

jasmine2 wrote:
loladd33 wrote:Now I know this might be a controversial topic for some as fundamentally this is an acting dancing and singing website, the Performing Arts. However, give me a moment to explain why I believe cheerleading, which has just been recognised by the International Olympic Committee as a sport, is great and why I would recommend it to you.

LolaDD33 x
I totally agree .. I am a TA in a primary school and I run a KS2 club..we also have a KS1 and a reception squad too. We perform free for local charities. Admittedly we don't do all the big lifts etc but we do some stunts and mostly do dance routines with pom poms. The KS2 squad have to audition to get in but they love it xx
Thanks! I’m glad to know I’m not the only one! Xx