Good associate programmes

Moderator: busybusybusy

loueeze
BRIT Award

Good associate programmes

Post by loueeze »

Hello,

Can anyone recommend some good associate programmes for my ten year old daughter (year 5). Any discipline :)

I know of the Royal Ballet and just seen one by Ballet Boost.

Any to avoid?
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Re: Good associate programmes

Post by Robin64 »

what area of the country?
loueeze
BRIT Award

Post by loueeze »

We are in kent
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

ah, I was going to say Ballet Cymru but a bit far from you. It is in Newport. Best thing would be to ask your dance teacher, they should know what is available locally. The other option is doing holiday courses especially if associate classes would require lots of travel each week. An intensive can be a good way to try different genres too. Try looking at Bird College in Sidcup. They do holiday courses in MT, jazz, classical and contemporary. It is from age 14 though. I think all the dance training schools run these holiday courses so worth a look. There are a few ballet courses with a performance at the end which run in the holidays and RAD headquarters have regular workshops. If she likes tap then there is tap attack which have an associates programme but I don't have personal experience of what it is like.
loueeze
BRIT Award

Post by loueeze »

Thank you Robin :)
pjw
Nominee

Post by pjw »

Hi Loueeze

If you're in kent and can get to London easily then you are spoilt for choice really.

Ballet - RBS, Central School of Ballet associates, English national ballet juniors, Cecchetti Associates, South East Ballet Scholars, YDA Associates

GEneral Dance - Urdang Connect, Trinity Laban CAT, London Studios associates

I suppose things like English Youth Ballet and London Childrens ballet are worth looking at as well although they are more performance focused

Goes without saying that the most important thing is to be getting quality training at your regular dance school wherever that is. I'd imagine they're spending more hours there than they would be at any associates.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by pjw on Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
loueeze
BRIT Award

Post by loueeze »

pjw wrote:Hi Loueeze

If you're in kent and can get to London easily then you are spoilt for choice really.

Woodside Dance Retreat is in Kent and is focused on ballet but London ones would be...

Ballet - RBS, Central School of Ballet associates, English national ballet juniors, Cecchetti Associates, South East Ballet Scholars, YDA Associates

GEneral Dance - Urdang Connect, Trinity Laban CAT, London Studios associates

I suppose things like English Youth Ballet and London Childrens ballet are worth looking at as well although they are more performance focused

Goes without saying that the most important thing is to be getting quality training at your regular dance school wherever that is. I'd imagine they're spending more hours there than they would be at any associates.

Hope that helps!
Wowee! LOADS thank you. She does dance for two half hours a week and stage school for three on a Saturday. Just want to give her opportunities x if she wants them of
Course :)