Artistry Youth Dance Company

Moderator: busybusybusy

noggin
BRIT Award

Artistry Youth Dance Company

Post by noggin »

Hiya, anyone know much about AYD? Have filled in a registration form for July audition but it runs on a Sunday and clashes with DD's other classes. Would like to know a bit more about it if anyone has auditioned or attends :)
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Re: Artistry Youth Dance Company

Post by Katymac »

My DD went for 4 terms - it's been great fun - she is gutted to leave (only left because she started FT college)

The teacher is very committed to the students and does loads for them

While DD was there (she didn't do all of these because of other commitments but....)

National Heroes Day event & a Literary Event at Jamaican High Commission, Regional finalists for U.Dance 2014, London Youth Games Final & Big Dance

They have been to see Scottsboro' Boys, Ballet Black,Memphis & that tap guy who was Happy Feet (can@t remember his name but DD couldn't go & was gutted)

& they have had a series of workshops with Ballet Black & other black artists, She also did (& passed) her Silver Arts Award

She LOVED it
noggin
BRIT Award

Post by noggin »

WOW sounds like great fun! What times do they run on Sunday? I think I may have problems getting her to leave PPAS if they clash, so fingers crossed. One of the joys of living in Central London is the abundance of opportunities to partake in the arts, but with only 2 days at the weekend there just aren't enough hours lol. Hopefully the audition will be positive and we will cross the timetabling issue if she is offered a place.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Not sure DD stayed in London when she went - maybe 11-4:30? I'll ask her

She said 10:30 or 11 til 4:30 depending upon the classes
noggin
BRIT Award

Post by noggin »

Thanks for that. It's a long day! Looking forward to the audition now, July seems so far away.