Dada

Moderator: busybusybusy

sarah761
Nominee

Dada

Post by sarah761 »

Hi

My first post on here so sorry if I mess up. My daughter has been lucky enough to secure more than one funding recall. When we have got our letters we have been asked to return self declaration of income forms prior to audition. Obviously she wants to attend all as she is unsure who will offer her funding if any. Can someone tell me is it ok to fill in more than one of these forms??
Thank you
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Re: Dada

Post by Katymac »

Absolutely - mind you you may also have to pay a deposit for each place

This is a really difficult time for them & if she gets more than one DaDA offer deciding which to tak could be even harder

Good luck - which colleges has she had offers for?

There is a thread under training called 'September 2015' which is where we are all recording our offers & ejections - do join us
sarah761
Nominee

Post by sarah761 »

Thankyou. She has funding recall for urdang, hammond and tring. Place offered at northern ballet. Still got central, laine, bird and rambert to do at half term.
my only worry at mo is trings recall is 9th March with quick reply time and hefty deposit needed....
Its all so stressful x
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

It really, really is stressful (for both parent & child) my DD got 2 offers last year but no funding; so is trying again this year
sarah761
Nominee

Post by sarah761 »

Where is she auditioning ??
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Urdang , Bird, Millennium, Masters & Performers

It's all about the DaDA/funding :(
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

Sarah761 - have a look at the Tring letter again - I'm not sure, but I think the deposit is only if you want to accept the place regardless. If you need a Dada and want to attend the funding audition I don't think you have the pay the deposit up-front.

Not certain of this, you could always give the school a call to check.
sarah761
Nominee

Post by sarah761 »

Hi woody

Your right but I have been told that if offered funding you have two weeks to reply and a hefty fee with it.
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

Ah - I was under the impression that if you qualify for the full DaDa and are offered one, then schools aren't supposed to charge a huge deposit because it would adversely affect those on low incomes who can't afford to do that...?