Is anyone at U-Dance on Sunday?

Moderator: busybusybusy

Katymac
OSCAR Award

Is anyone at U-Dance on Sunday?

Post by Katymac »

DH & I are going and wondered if anyone else from here was?
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Re: Is anyone at U-Dance on Sunday?

Post by Katymac »

No-one has heard of the blasted thing, have they

<Sigh>
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi Katymac,

My DD did it last year with her contemporary group - she had a good time, long day though.

There's also a 3 day festival at Bedford University this weekend for dance. DD's group were there yesterday and we went to watch in the evening - very peculiar what the performers do now! Didn't get back until 11.00 pm then went into London with DD for her 9.00 a.m. drama at Guildhall then went to have a look at Mountview as DD wants to join their Youth company - not at all what I expected ! Anyway back home now, really tired but waiting for DH to wake up from his nap, having stayed at home with younger DD ;)
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I agree about perculiar I often don't 'get' some contemporary - mind you a friend said "if you ask what type of Contemporary they do" & they say Contemporay you know you are in trouble but if they say "Horton/Release/Cunningham/Graham" or some variation of, you know you are OK :shock:

I can't find muc on google about it
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Is your DD performing in it? We only go to watch DD, in fact, DH said after last night, 'shame their dance was at the end of the show ....' We wouldn't stop being part of it but I think sometimes the people who organise our company do take a bit much for granted, with some of the venues being a hour's drive or more away. As for yesterday, usually if they go 'out of county' a minibus is put on, but DH had to take DD and her friend yesterday, come home, go back with me and DD2 and then bring all 5 of us back. Ususally there's a bit of car share but as DH is the only non-working parent, he drew the short straw yesterday as they had to go at 2.00 pm.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Yes she is in it - but we live in Great Yarmouth so an hours drive would be lovely! As it is 45 minutes to station, 2 hours to Liverpool Street - however long it takes to get to Cutty Sark from there & a half mile walk........<sigh> ](*,)
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

On my way home - exhausted!!

Well the children all danced beautifully obviously dds group was the best & were all very good.

Contemporary isn't really my thing but there were some lovely dancers and a great Street group. The youngest group was amazing as were the community groups.

A good night was had by all