Birmingham Royal Ballet Open Class @ The Lowry

Moderator: busybusybusy

sapphire
OSCAR Award

Birmingham Royal Ballet Open Class @ The Lowry

Post by sapphire »

Thought this class for 8-18 year olds might be of interest to some of the young dancers out there!

http://www.thelowry.com/event/birmingha ... open-class
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Birmingham Royal Ballet Open Class @ The Lowry

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Thanks for posting - something 'up North' for a change :D
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

It's well worth regularly checking The Lowry website fartoomuchtodo. Many of the visiting dance companies offer workshops whilst they are in the region. Northern Ballet often have dance days at their headquarters in Leeds and Central School of ballet head north at least once a year . Their dance days are well worth the money.
It's not so grim up North!! :lol:
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

My DD has done quite a few workshops with touring companies at The Lowry, mainly through her CAT scheme but some are open workshops.
The latest was a weekend with 2Faced Dance Company which she absolutely LOVED, incredibly hard work and physically demanding but she was 'buzzing' for days after.

I'm trying to persuade her to try the BRB class but she is a novice ballet dancer and thinks she may well be out of her depth a wee bit.
Thanks for the heads up though - I have passed it on to many friends with ballerina DD's
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Ds did the Sleeping Beauty one recently, but they divided that by age/grade. He was the only boy in the higher group, but they managed to cope with him!

I wish we'd known about the 2FacedDance weekend Dancediva. I imagine it was really good. We've been to see them a number of times.
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Ooh we're going to see 2Faced Dance- "Out of his skin" on the 23rd. First time seeing this company and don't know what to expect but really looking forward to it now :D