National Youth Dance Company

Moderator: busybusybusy

Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

National Youth Dance Company

Post by Kitschqueen »

I would like to wish my DD masses of luck for her first audition, oops sorry "experience workshop" with NYDC at Danceworks in Manchester on Sunday.

Lots of luck also to any other NAPMers dc's who are at this or the Leeds workshop this weekend.

Just a recall to Sadlers Wells would be amazing but the chance to work with Akram Khan who is next years artistic director....well....! [-o<

We are also looking forward to watching this years company perform Jasmin Vardimon's piece at The Lowry later on Sunday evening as well as The Lowry CAT students. (Dancediva I will be looking out for your lovely dd! :))
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Re: National Youth Dance Company

Post by DanceDiva »

Massive good luck to your DD Kitschqueen.

Sadly over the weekend my DD has developed what appears to be Osgood Schlatters Disease and has had all dancing stopped with immediate effect and has had to withdraw from the performance.
Her end of term CAT performance is also in doubt - as you can imagine we are devastated but our thoughts and good luck wishes go out to everyone auditioning for the NYDC.
Enjoy & let us know how it goes please ? xxx
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Dancediva...sending all our love to your dd xxx :(
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Sorry to hear about your DD DanceDiva ... I don't know anything about this condition but hope with rest it resolves quickly and can be managed x
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. You must both be disappointed. Best wishes to you both xx
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

I'm so sorry to hear this Dancediva, you must be both so disappointed., as I am not to meet you both!! :(

It is such an irony that the most active young people get affected by this disease. Lets hope that with lots of rest over the summer your dd will be only be minimally affected and back dancing in September.

Wishing her a speedy recovery xx
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

I'm so sorry Dancdiva. Sending all good wishes your dd's way.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

How your dd's audition went well Kitschqueen. I love Akram Khan - what a wonderful opportunity for the dancers who make it into the company.

Dancediva I'm really sorry to hear of your dd's Osgood Schlatter's diagnosis. I don't know how long dancers have to rest with this, but I know there have been threads about it in the Doing Dance section of the Balletcoforum in the past. Keeping fingers crossed that she can slowly get back to fitness next term. [-o<
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

Thank you all so much for those wonderful wishes, it's been a very emotional weekend and I haven't replied before now as a mixture of emotions plus wine would have led to some VERY incoherent ramblings on here !!
Now I can say I am very touched by your support and thankfully things are not as bad as we first feared with regard to DD's injury.
I'm going to start a new thread on this in the dance section as it is something I have learnt a lot about over the past 72 hours and may be of use to someone down the line.

Kitschqueen - I am so sorry we didn't get to meet, I was really looking forward to it as we share much of the same background with our DD's.
I wanted to compare your experiences of your DD's CAT scheme with mine and we had heard so many good things about NYDC, I am so glad you enjoyed the performance and the CAT students contribution.
I am certain we will meet up eventually so please keep us updated with your DD's progress - it's our turn to come and see her next !!

Thanks again everyone - the support helped enormously over a disappointing weekend xx
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Hecouldshine wrote:How your dd's audition went well Kitschqueen. I love Akram Khan - what a wonderful opportunity for the dancers who make it into the company.
Thank you Hecouldshine :) . My dd absolutely loved the technical class and came out "buzzing" from that. However she was less happy about her performance in the creative and improvisation workshop, but she is less confident in this anyway. We will just have to cross everything and wait and see if she did enough to get a recall to London. [-o<
Akram Khan did send a representative along which we were surprised about at this stage in the process and they said that at the London audition the classes are led by members of his company, so very exciting!

We went to watch this years NYDC perform Jasmin Vardimon's piece at The Lowry and it was absolutely amazing....wow, what a talented group of young people and Jasmin only had 3 weeks to turn these 30 dancers into a cohesive company. It would be a fantastic thing to be part of.

DanceDiva, I am so pleased that you and your DD feel more positive and reassured this week. How great that your Dd's CAT scheme is so unfazed by it and so supportive, that must be a huge relief. However I'm not surprised and we can add it to our list of why we love the CAT schemes!! :lol: As I said in my PM to you we were so impressed by the two performances by students from your CAT scheme too. It was a lovely evening of dance and I had front row seats too!!

Continued best wishes to you both and heres hoping we get that cheeky wine together soon. :D
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Glad your dd enjoyed the workshop Kitschqueen. Will keep our fingers crossed for her, it sounds a lovely thing to be part of. xxx