All the shoes; how do people transport them

Moderator: busybusybusy

Katymac
OSCAR Award

All the shoes; how do people transport them

Post by Katymac »

DD only has 5 pairs of dance shoes & often has to take 3 or 4 of them to class

She needs a bag, ideally one she can leave all the shoes in and add clothes & lunch/tea to

Maybe a rucksack or something on wheels

What do other people use?
Pups_Mum
Nominee

Re: All the shoes; how do people transport them

Post by Pups_Mum »

You can get dance bags with different sections for keeping shoes/clothes etc in from most dancewear shops, or online from places like Dance Direct. Bags with mesh pockets for shoes on the end are a good idea as a well worn pair of ballet shoes can add a distinctly unpleasant odour to everything else in the bag! Ideally shoes should not be left in the bag but taken out and aired after every lesson though - particularly important for pointe shoes. I have an ongoing battle about this with my DD though who despite having a selection of good dance bags seems determined to cram everything into her pointe shoe back and leave it all in there until it crawls out again on it's own. Teenagers...gotta love 'em....
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

My DD uses a dance bag with end sections for shoes. She can't quite fit all her shoes in them as generally does need 4 pairs + spare ballet shoes. These days she tends to take 2 bags with her. The second bag is just a canvas shopping bag and she uses that for lunch, non dancewear as often when she has eaten she can just fold it up and pop it in her dance bag. I have seen girls with the small suitacase type bags on wheels, useful perhaps if you have to walk from train/bus to dance school etc but DD lives and dances in rural locations so a normal dance bag has been fine.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Thanks - I have mentioned to DD about 'airing' shoes

She doesn't have pointes so that's not an issue

I'm guessing as she will never be a "Ballerina" as such and as she started so late, she won't have pointes at all