Move It Earls Court

Moderator: busybusybusy

livininabox
BRIT Award

Move It Earls Court

Post by livininabox »

Hi All
We're off to this event in March but just wondered if anyones been before? It looks great with some fab classes and demos and quite reasonably priced!
GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Re: Move It Earls Court

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

Been to Move It just about every year since it started - fantastic week end. And this year both dd's are actually performing there for the first time, so really looking forward this time!!
And all that jazz...!
GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

BTW - its Olympia not Earls Court...
And all that jazz...!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

You should have a fantastic time! DS performed in 2010 with Pineapple performing arts, great fun!!
The classes are varied and many, this year DS is going with the school for the first time, not me :(
He is doing musical theatre with Matt from SYTYCD and tap with Tap Attack, he previously did Irish, street, thriller routine, had a go at Bollywood and a ballet master class too!!
Enjoy x
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

My dd was very excited yesterday eve as her CAT scheme have 25 tickets to go to Move It this year and she has never been before. Their tickets are for the Sunday and include 2 classes but she doesn't know which ones yet. They are travelling down on the Saturday and are going to watch Scottish Dance Theatre at the Place on the Sat eve. I think names are going into a hat for tickets so fingers crossed! :)
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

I have been with my DDs a few times and it makes for a great day out. There are plenty of stalls to browse and a lot of events to watch on the main stage even if you do not participate in any classes. On the classes front we have had mixed experiences. One DD loved hers but the other did not enjoy the experience. The teaching and the dance were great but the classes can be very crowded and neither of mine really felt they could do the class properly, in terms either of seeing what they were supposed to do or physically having the space to open their arms out. This was about 4 years ago though and I believe the organisers were rearranging things for subsequent years.
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

I went last year with DD and she loved it! The classes she did were pretty full, but not so bad that you couldn't move, and they split them into groups to perform exercises/routines full out once they'd learnt them!

We loved watching the various colleges perform, too, and DD has based much of her opinion on which her college preferences are, on the performances she saw at Move it!