UK Grishko stockists??

Moderator: busybusybusy

Pups_Mum
Nominee

UK Grishko stockists??

Post by Pups_Mum »

Dies anyone know anywhere in the UK that sells Grishko soft shoes mail order? I got some for my DD mail order from Russia and she really liked them, but the shipping was a bit slow/expensive so I was wondering there's anywhere in this country?
I've googled and found quite a few places with Grishkp pointe shoes, but not soft shoes. Anyone know anywhere?
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: UK Grishko stockists??

Post by 2dancersmum »

I believe Dancia stock Grishko and Planet Dance, soft ballet flats but not sure if its adult and child sizes I've no experience of ordering from Dancia. I know others on the ballet.co site had bad experiences with Planet Dance but our personal experience ordering from them was positive. Good luck.
Overspent
Nominee

Post by Overspent »

I've never had trouble with Planet Dance but it is always worth phoning them first to check whether what you're after is in stock. We've bought Grishko soft shoes from the Dancia store on Drury Lane and have ordered from them online once with no problem. Their range online is much smaller than in store though.

Pups_mum, was it you that was looking for soft shoes with a low vamp? I remember having a conversation about it on ballet.co. I'm still looking for a pair of split soles that have a low front.
Pups_Mum
Nominee

Post by Pups_Mum »

It wasn't me, but I remember the thread!
I do have problems finding soft shoes that look nice on my DD's feet though. She has small feet - not particularly narrow, but her toes are quite tapered. A lot of shoes seem to be quite baggy round the outside of her toes. Capezio cobras don't have the "baggy bit" but just don't seem to suit her foot so I've been looking for alternatives. I think a lower vamp would suit her better. The Grishkos have been the best all round so far (model 6 I think) but they are expensive and not easy to source.
Any other suggestions gratefully received!
I'll look at Dancia and Planet Dance in the meanwhile, thanks for the suggestions 2dancersmum.
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

I have ordered a lot from Planetdance and my experience has been mixed. If you order online it is hit and miss whether they are in stock and i have waited up to 6 weeks for items, one of which never actually arrived however ordering by phone items are usually here within a few days xx
Overspent
Nominee

Post by Overspent »

We are up in London tomorrow so I think we will pop into Freed and ask there, if only on the basis that DD's satin full soles (bought from Freed for her recent Inter Foundation exam) are very pretty on her feet and I wondered if their new Freed Chacott split sole is similarly low in front. Will keep you posted..... :)
Overspent
Nominee

Post by Overspent »

Well, the Freed Chacott split sole is not as low fronted as the Freed Aspire full soles, BUT it is pretty and looks much better on my DD's long slender foot than her Grishkos. Hopefully they will be comfy to dance in! But also only around the 12 pounds mark AND the elastics are pre sewn at both ends! Bonus! =D>
stars-in-their-eyes
BRIT Award

Post by stars-in-their-eyes »

I have bought Grishko at Move It (in March every year) as they exhibit there but it's a bit of a long wait I know!
Anything Can Happen If You Let It!