Welcome

Moderator: busybusybusy

titania

Welcome

Post by titania »

This new section has been set up for anyone migrating over from dance.co.uk. Please feel free to use it in the spirit of NAPM as an area to provide information and advice to one another.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Welcome

Post by Hecouldshine »

Thank you very much for doing this titania :D :D :D

I hope former posters on the doing dance section of ballet.co.uk can find their way here, as well as NAPMers. I am going to start a new topic \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Welcome to NAPM :D

It will be great to get your perspective on things :) . My DD is not strictly a dancer, though she is studying dance on her MT course.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Pups_Mum
Nominee

Post by Pups_Mum »

Thank you titania for setting up this new section and thanks to Cathy for suggesting it.And of course thanks to all the NAPMers for the welcome. I hope more of the Doing Dance regulars will find their way over here soon.
Flowerdew
Nominee

Post by Flowerdew »

Thank you for setting up this section, I will let all my friends from ballet.co know about it! :D
Nana Lily
Nominee

Post by Nana Lily »

A very big and sincere "thank you"

Heard about it via Flowerdew (many thanks!)

Nana Lily
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Thanks from me too :D

I used to use Notapushymum a lot, but haven't so much in recent years as my daughter started performing less, but son's now coming to the end of his time at Elmhurst and the ballet.co forum has helped me so much over the last 10 years.

I know some of you know me from both - but in case you don't I was JulieW on ballet.co.
Anjuli_Bai
Nominee

Post by Anjuli_Bai »

And, please, allow me to add my thanks. It's hard to break up a family . I wish that the other parts of Ballet.co could continue on. I find the "Links" page so valuable and I love reading the reviews and comments.

As a dance critic (Member, Dance Critics Assn.) I write for various publications - and Ballet.co was one of them. Bruce did a beautiful job formatting the magazine.

So, here we are, safely landed, with many thanks to the admin of this board and all its members.
Overspent
Nominee

Post by Overspent »

Hello all, thanks to the mods for setting this up! :D

Great to see you all here. I went under another name on ballet.co but to introduce myself I have a dance crazy daughter who hopes to audition for Upper Schools in a few years' time. At the moment she dances locally but is also an associate in London.

Great to be here. \:D/
belljul
Nominee

Post by belljul »

Yay! I have made it over to here from ballet.co too. Thanks nana lily for pointing me in the right direction and thanks to titania for the welcome. I have decided to keep my old name from ballet.co even though I never intended it to be my username, it just somehow happened ha! Will miss ballet.co but so pleased to see some familiar "faces". I have one son at Elmhurst and another auditioning for year 7 this year. I need all the support I can get!! Loving the smileys :lol:
celb
Nominee

Post by celb »

Titania thank you for providing us ballet.coers with a new forum. My DD dances locally but has big ambitions.My regular dose of ballet.co has provided me with great advice, information and support.I am delighted that we can continue under a new guise.I have occasionally followed some of the NAPM threads before but never registered till now. :D
Nana Lily
Nominee

Post by Nana Lily »

Lovely to see familiar forum friends registered. Sorry I haven't introduced myself properly. I have two DD's both at Elmhurst in lower school.

Nana Lily
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

I was a viewer on ballet.co.uk only but it was still a great help to me during the last couple of years. My dd is auditioning for the Royal ballet MAs in January but we are under no illusions after 2 waiting lists for JAs ha ha x
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

OMG I am so happy that this has been set up, thank you so much
I have been getting withdrawal symptoms over the last 12 days without ballet.co.uk! It is great to already see some familiar and knowledgeable user names migrating over.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and that 2012 brings success for all the auditioning DD's and DS's.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I didn't even know there were dance websites

I only got directed here from Mumsnet

Hi all

My DD is 14 & a bit dance obsessed :)