Ballet site "going into archive"

Moderator: busybusybusy

FLUFFY
Nominee

Re: Ballet site "going into archive"

Post by FLUFFY »

Oh my, I hadn't realised Ballet Co had finished! I thought it had just crashed, what a terrible shame. It was such an informative site, I wish I had stumbled across it a few years earlier, the advice of other ballet mums would have been invaluable in our decision making eg not to turn down a very generous Hammond scholarship!
Over the past few years I've always tried to answer any questions as honestly and as helpfully as possible, hopefully other new ballet mums will now be able to find advice via NAPM.
However, DD is now leaving the world of ballet, so my advice will very soon be out of date, but I certainly will miss my weekly 'nosey' on ballet co!
Fluffy AKA Tibby AKA Hattie's mummy.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Tibby it will be very strange to think of you as Fluffy! Thanks for all the advice you have given me over time :D :D I hope you will continue to post even if your dd is leaving the ballet world [-o<

amum/aka Cathy
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Nana Lily
Nominee

Post by Nana Lily »

Hi ballet.co ers! So pleased we now have been re united! Thanks to notapushymum. Have sometimes looked at this site and its excellent. So sad about what has happened. Best to Bruce and so good to see so many familiar users!!!

Nana Lily xxx
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Thank for doing this - I too was worried I'd lose touch with some people - although some of us are Facebook friends :D

(So glad to see Anjuli on here!!)

I used to use Notapushymum a lot, but haven't so much in recent years as my daughter started performing less, but son's now coming to the end of his time at Elmhurst and the ballet.co forum has helped me so much over the last 10 years.

I know some of you know me from both - but in case you don't I was JulieW on ballet.co.
elliepops
Nominee

Post by elliepops »

Ballet.co forum is a big loss to a lot of dancing parents, the support and advice from posters was great. Hopefully a lot of familiar "names" will find their way here. Many Thanks for providing us with a way to continue. Elliepops :)
Garden Girl
Nominee

Post by Garden Girl »

Glad I have found you too! I was InterestedParent42 on the ballet.co site.
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

I was unable to post on the Doing Dance forum...(long story!) so you won't recognise my username, but I have found the wealth of knowledge there hugely helpful over the years.

I am the mum of a dancing DD auditioning for dance colleges at the moment. Not ballet, sadly, although she a beautiful dancer and it is her first love, the lack of leg length is a bit of hindrance!! I am looking forward to keeping up my fix of Ballet Co chat here...and being able to post too! xx
tootu2much
Nominee

Post by tootu2much »

I too, was really sad to see the doing dance forum shut down. I still remember the day I stumbled across it when I was googling 'junior associate royal ballet'. My seven year old DD was desperate to become one and in my naiviety thought that because she was a low grade and didn't win at festivals she would never get in. A lot of water under the bridge since then, dd now at vocational school! I lurked a lot more than posted but will miss all the regulars and following their stories.

Anyway I was thinking, since this is a fresh start, if it might be useful to divide the dance section of this up into a few different sections, like on the rest of the board. Every year new parents start asking the same questions about associate classes, auditions, vocational school, flexibility, injury etc and I am just conscious that it would be nice to have all the threads about similar topics in one place.

Not what others think and if this would be a lot more work for the moderators on this board.
tutu 2 much :-k
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion. If you send me a list of what you want I will see what I can do.

Titania
Hope Never Dies....
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Just trying to think of what sections might be useful....

Vocational schools - auditions and general
Associate programmes - auditions and general
Auditions for other dance related things!
General conversations

Hmmm - must keep thinking :-k
Anjuli_Bai
Nominee

Post by Anjuli_Bai »

a title implying help with dance technique - problems - injury (how to avoid) - ?
FLUFFY
Nominee

Post by FLUFFY »

Hecouldshine wrote:Tibby it will be very strange to think of you as Fluffy! Thanks for all the advice you have given me over time :D :D I hope you will continue to post even if your dd is leaving the ballet world [-o<

amum/aka Cathy
Thank you Cathy. I will probably will end up doing the odd ballet post, after all these years I'm finding it quite difficult to permanently remove by 'ballet mummy' head! :oops:

Hattie's mummy x
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Looks like Bruce has managed to get the forum back and running for the next 3 months at least.
:)
I received an e-mail with a link to www.balletcoforum.com. Doing dance is back on there and a few new messages posted.
ballemum
Nominee

Post by ballemum »

HI all,
Can't believe ballet.co has gone into archive. I have only recently discovered this site from a friend after talking to
her at a show my dd's were doing.

The ballet site forum is a huge loss i may not have always posted but it became part of my day to check in and see what how everyone was doing.
My dd did her first vocational exam before christmas and i was watching closly all the threads about the intermediate foundation,
i was looking forward to seeing how everyone got on.
Hopefully a thread can be started as the results come in to see how they all got on. Would love to know.

Glad to see some of the familar names coming over ( i'm sure i will be taxing your brains soon)lol :)
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

The forum IS back, just click on the link in my post and it will take you there.
:)