Ballet site "going into archive"

Moderator: busybusybusy

Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Ballet site "going into archive"

Post by Hecouldshine »

For those who also post on ballet.co.uk in the doing dance section we seem to have had horrible news today of the site closing down as a forum http://www.ballet.co.uk/2011/12/balletc ... o-archive/

This will be a huge loss as there was so much information and support and know-how to be picked up from the site. I have 2 good friends that I see frequently that I met through the site. I just don't know how it can be replaced. I wonder if balletco members would be welcome to post in a dance/ballet section on here? Or if members on here would be happy for dance threads to start proliferating?
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Jeanie
GRAMMY Award

Re: Ballet site "going into archive"

Post by Jeanie »

I'd love to see a dance strand on here.
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Yay, so would I xxx
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

Me too!

That is really, really sad news....such a brilliant resource....it would be fantastic if it could continue on here though. xx
titania

Post by titania »

If someone contacts me I can set up a special dance section. This site is for all young people in the performing arts world so of course they would be welcome.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Thanks for the support Jeanie, beanie-bean and FelixGirl and thank you titania for that offer :D Have PMed you.

Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Bruce from the ballet.co.uk website has kindly posted a link to this thread for balletco members to check us out \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Titania has kindly offered to set a dance section up -thank you =D> =D> =D> As I have no idea how this can be done I will just say a big

Hello and Welcome

to any doing dance members reading this.

I posted as amum on balletco - with my name Cathy at the bottom.

Do introduce yourselves on here if you have found this thread. I'm not going to name change but will maybe put my balletco name at the bottom of dance postings, if I remember :roll:

Pups_Mum
Nominee

Post by Pups_Mum »

Hi Cathy,
Great idea! I am absolutely gutted about losing ballet.co.uk and am suffering serious withdrawl symptoms from my daily fix of ballet chat. Hopefully some of the other Doing Dance regulars will join in over here and we'll all make lots of new friends too. I have been a member here for a little while but only lurked really. I'll try to post more regularly now. Fortunately I picked the same username as my ballet.co.uk one!
Anjuli_Bai
Nominee

Post by Anjuli_Bai »

Well, I made it on the first try!

I will check back from time to time to see If a dance section is set up - but would also appreciate someone letting me know. Thank you!
Last edited by Anjuli_Bai on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Welcome pups mum and anjuli xx
Last edited by mummyofmylittlestar on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Hi,

I will miss the 'ballet.co.uk/doingdance' forum and learned so much from all you parents of dancing children :)

My dd is in Yr9 at Hammond - only started in September so we're newbies.

I do hope there'll be another forum as our next auditions will be for 6th form....scary 8-[
dadadance
BRIT Award

Post by dadadance »

Here's looking forward to a doing dance section, I will miss my daily fix of ballet.co not only the doing dance forum but all of the others Bruce and his friends were always that litle bit ahead with the news of company positions and performances. I'm glad Anjuli has found this site her responses for ballet equal PG's on this board. Now need to find a site that shows performance photos of companies performing in the uk to replace those on ballet.co

41dada
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Hi everyone
Been a viewer on here for a while and a regular on the ballet.co forum. Hope many others make the transfer over. Will sorely miss the reviews etc from the other forum but hope this board will soon offer a useful replacement for the doing dance section which has been of great assistance to us over the past few years.
titania

Post by titania »

Please see the new section set up on the forum. Please feel free to copy and post any relevant information from ballet.co.uk. Its your forum please feel free to use it.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

It is great to see the familiar names appearing on here. I was so we worried would never "meet" again, with no chance to say goodbye, or exchange e-mails. Thank you very much titania for giving us our new section \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Waves hello to Pups_Mum, Anjuli (our ballet guru =D> =D> =D> ),JayLou62, 2dancersmum, and 41dada :D :D :D

I have started a new topic in the new section. I hope others will start some too.....