BRITAINS GOT TALENT 2013

Moderator: busybusybusy

Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Re: BRITAINS GOT TALENT 2013

Post by Genevieve »

Kitschqueen wrote:I do hope there isn't a backlash about them not being British. With my cynical head on, I do wonder if they are an act that were approached by the production team to enter. However, I for one am glad if they were so that I have had the opportunity to see their beautiful performances. :D
they probably were, but there's noone else doing what they do, so I don't care where they're from either, whether the fact they're not British and the show's called Britains Got Talent will affect them actually winning or not is hard to tell, depends on voting public - but they've got some great exposure on this show, so will get hired all over the place no doubt and do well. When you see where they rehearse at the moment on the clip they showed, I do hope they do well and get a lucrative contract !
Don't they trawl youtube to look for people to appear too - there must be scouts that go out just to grab people and get them on. And the female impressionist/comedienne Francine Lewis has been on the comedy show/impressions show: ' Very Important People' ,and had regular slot impersonating Katie Price - so i've seen her before on that, and no doubt the show approached her - One of the impressionists from that show too, now has his own show called the 'Mimic'
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

There are also lots of already working performers entering for a bit of fun - I sit watching and think - know her, know him, know him, know her. They don't even care too much when they get chucked out. The Stevie Pink magician is a good example, he's been working for years, and often does Disney in Florida - he invented the camp Stevie Pink character with the stuffed cat, and they liked it. His usual show is serious, no cat and less camp. I hope the foreign shadow dancers win because it's the only truly new thing this year. I think the seasoned performers have decided that as it's not real, it's worth a go. If the acts spend a day rehearsing, with a producer, you have to wonder if when they get slagged off for what they do, is it really their fault? It's a bit of fun, good TV - but these things don't generate stars, they just expose them - and some who don't win, actually do better. I've a friend who has finally got out of the contract she signed a while back that actually prevented her getting work, not generated it! Enjoy the programmes - but pay no attention to anything that happens, judging wise.
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

FINAL - Shame the opera singers Richard and Adam were overshadowed by the stupid behaviour of a female musician who was in the backing orchestra behind them on stage. During their performance she barged through the middle of them pelting eggs from an egg box at Simon C :shock: grinning the whole time ! consequently she was 'dragged' off stage ! how odd was that :shock:
despite this... Richard and Adam finished their song - good for them
(the woman was a viola player in a band 'Raven', former contestants on BGT. -(must have felt disgruntled for some reason ;) )

links to youtube of this have mostly been removed, but this may work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35tczLdFKmc
if not,try this link-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVwVs8BOrpg ,

ATTRACTION won, Jack (the young comedian) second, Richard and Adam third
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I haven't watched it but tuned into the finals last night

"Attraction" are fantastic - I would pay to see them and I really think the Queen will enjoy every second of their performance,and that is really what it is about surely?

Pre-School are sweet, but really? come on, their parents will adore them but not worthy of a place in the final imo

I think the right people won, but I thought Luminites should have gone to the final three, and they were only ousted becuae of the egg-thrower and the sympathy vote..my DS has met them they visited his school a couple of years ago - a nice more talented bunch you could not wish to meet, they will go far and deserve to.. =D>

It's about time there was a separate "Kids got Talent" show, there are some stupendously talented kids out there, but don't pitch them against the adults..adults who have been struggling to make it for years are incredibly talented too, and then ousted by cuteness, it really isn't fair :?

Better still, let's stop the whole thing now - it's tired and dated!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

riverdancefan wrote:
It's about time there was a separate "Kids got Talent" show, there are some stupendously talented kids out there, but don't pitch them against the adults..adults who have been struggling to make it for years are incredibly talented too, and then ousted by cuteness, it really isn't fair :?
I agree. There are some very talented youngsters on the programme, including those who got through to the final, but I would prefer to see more of the adults. The same is true of the dance show with Ashley Banjo (um...my memory has gone..what's it called? Got To Dance???) where truly accomplished dancers are up against the 'awwww...!' vote. I preferred 'So You Think You Can Dance' with Nigel Lithgow in the chair - some awesome dancers, and all trained, technically excellent performers.

I don't want to sound disrespectful of anyone - honestly, all these kids deserve a standing ovation - but can I admit to being a tad uncomfortable watching little girls singing and performing like adults? Please tell me if I am being too prudish and squeamish, or worrying unnecessarily about what they are doing to their young voices.
riverdancefan wrote:Better still, let's stop the whole thing now - it's tired and dated!
And then along comes Jack - he had me in stitches, even with his final comment that being called the 'runner up' was a bit insensitive =D> =D> I hope we see a lot more of him.

Oh, and sign me up for the Attraction fan club too.

Deb x
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

I agree with all of the above - I voted for Jack but found the whole thing very odd- I didn't like the winners, but that's just my preference- I thought they were clever but failed to see how they got enough votes to win.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

CatKat_0 wrote:I agree with all of the above - I voted for Jack but found the whole thing very odd- I didn't like the winners, but that's just my preference- I thought they were clever but failed to see how they got enough votes to win.
Lots of them...big families...clever use of social networking and media opportunities? I have often pressed a 'vote' button when prompted my another NAPM - we're a very supportive bunch here - so I guess it works in much the same way but bigger?

Should I be pulling up a chair in the cynical corner? Of course, talent plays a part too. I have been astonished by the quality of performances by many NAPM offspring that I have voted for. I am particularly blown away by igloobabe's DD who has also inspired by bigger DD to start to write and perform her own material. So I am a big fan of social networking sites - especially this one :lol:

Deb x
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Very true - I forget the power these days of social media, and what friendship and support can do.
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Flosmom wrote:but can I admit to being a tad uncomfortable watching little girls singing and performing like adults? Please tell me if I am being too prudish and squeamish, or worrying unnecessarily about what they are doing to their young voices.

And then along comes Jack - he had me in stitches, even with his final comment that being called the 'runner up' was a bit insensitive =D> =D> I hope we see a lot more of him.
I agree with you Flosmum on all the above, and Jack Carroll's material was just brilliant - =D> And at only 14 !! :shock:
jack's act :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=WSv ... =endscreen

How the percentages of the votes were spread :
Attraction – 27.0%
Jack Carroll – 20.1%
Richard & Adam – 15.4%
Steve Hewlett – 14.7%
Luminites – 6.8%
Jordan O’Keefe – 3.7%
Gabz – 3.6%
Arisxandra – 2.9%
Pre-Skool – 2.8%
Francine Lewis – 2.0%
Asanda – 1.2%

surprised to see the Ventriloquist ahead of Luminites, (so hard doing that kind of act now and be successful,good break for him) - but I think the results show the demographic of those who pick up the phone and voted and the adult acts clearly were the most popular. I didn't think that Francine Lewis was that good (sorry),too many of her voices are so close to her own voice and I didn't recognise some of her impressions. I did some youtube searching :oops: and if you look at other countries' XXXXGOT TALENT shows on youtube, (eg Indias) they all seem to have Shadow Acts like Attraction making fFinals (not as good as Attraction were), but Attractions final performance had Royal Variety performance written all over it - clever,. but I preferred their semi final act, it just tore me up ! I hope there weren't too many tears from the children when the lights went down on them on being told they were not in top three.
emi's mum
BAFTA Award

Post by emi's mum »

I haven't watched the final yet...I was on a gig myself last night which these days is rare ha.

BGT DO scout. I've been running an agency supplying entertainment to the cruise lines for the last 8 years....this is my bread and butter business aside from the other work I do...and I have on several occasions received emails from researchers asking if any of my acts want to be seen and fast tracked for BGT. Steve the vent who was the wildcard has been on my books for a while as was Kev Orkian (the comedy pianist from last year) and Drew Cameron a great comic who got through the first round and then broke his leg thus making him pull out. None of these acts were suggested to BGT by me...I don't suggest anyone to them!

Both Steve and Kev should be material for the Royal Variety Show and should not have to jump through the hoops of an ITV show to get there. Acts who have been at it for years are lured by that one carrot and not by the thought of winning a talent show. They want to do the Royal Command and that's it. For them that's always been the ultimate dream.

Steve will do well from this and his profile has certainly been raised. As have all the others.

On the other hand....the Raven String Quartet who were on the books of our sister company who supply corporate entertainment.... may just have become a string trio after their crazy viola player chucked a half a dozen eggs at the judges. The worst part of it was that she ramraided someone elses performance. Wrong wrong wrong!!

I'm looking forward to catching up with the final now.
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

very interesting emis mum ! I youtubed Kev and Drew's acts, reminded me how clever and funny they were...it's a tough ol business isn't it .
Isn't it strange and bit embarrassing though that 'Britains Got Talent' was won by a dog last year, and by Hungarians this year.....
.....just saying :roll:
Not taking anything away from Attraction but I've since read that they've been on Germany's and Hungary's GOT TALENT shows too, and now knowing that, i'd have preferred it if Jack Carroll had won, because it's darn hard to make people laugh on your own as a stand up, but he did, and so young, and he's a find as a British talent - surely the point of the show :-k . even moreso since I've read he won Pride of Britain Award last year too =D>
emi's mum wrote:On the other hand....the Raven String Quartet who were on the books of our sister company who supply corporate entertainment.... may just have become a string trio after their crazy viola player chucked a half a dozen eggs at the judges.
yep.......she just came across as bit of a looney !
even stranger, she proclaimed on being removed off stage that the eggs were 'from M&S and were organic' :shock: :-& (that's ok then ? )
but I've read that she was miming along with the rest of the orchestra to a backing track :shock: #-o Hadn't realised the orchestra were miming ;)
(found a link to her Band's scathing blog of the process of BGT and how manipulated it is), (can't post link due to expletives in it -found it via digital spy) - but however disgruntled she was with SC etc, she was totally out of order and her career's burnt toast
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Yesterday they tweeted 'We were as surprised as all of you.'
And then tweeted 'Just to clarify…. The other 3 of us were working elsewhere today and found out when you did.'
Poor them, they must be really embarrassed!
Grace125
GRAMMY Award

Post by Grace125 »

Genevieve wrote: but I've read that she was miming along with the rest of the orchestra to a backing track :shock: #-o Hadn't realised the orchestra were miming ;)
All the musicians in the backing groups on britain's got talent and the x factor mime and have done for years. I only know this as a friend of mine is a bass player and he has auditioned for the x factor bamd previously and I have met some of his friends who have actually performed as backing bands on there. Th eauditions for the bands are all based on look-so the people chosen are picked as they fit with the act performing or the look they want to portray for that performance-rather than who plays the best. I have heard that sometimes the people they pick are not actually musicians - they are just models who may have very basic knowledge of the instrument in order to mime convincingly- though whether this is true or not is another matter (wouldn't surprise me though... :roll: ). The people I have met who have done it say they try and keep their heads down so they aren't recognised (in the same way pro actors do when doing extra work)
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

SNN wrote:Yesterday they tweeted 'We were as surprised as all of you.'
And then tweeted 'Just to clarify…. The other 3 of us were working elsewhere today and found out when you did.'
Poor them, they must be really embarrassed!
oh yes I read that, the rest of the Band 'Raven' were quick to detach themselves from her - don't blame them
Grace125 - guess the miming is old news then - they'd be able to tell in the studio then :shock:
notapushyfather
BRIT Award

Post by notapushyfather »

My daughter decided she would like to audition this year, she thought it might be fun and some audition experience and was not put off by the idea of waiting around for hours! Mum and Dad were a little cynical but thought OK. We sent in a video link and have been allocated a time at one of the auditions. What did surprise me was that a member of the production team telephoned in person to confirm we had read received the pack were happy with the arrangements and would be attending. This was a little more care than I had anticipated from BGT!