BRITAINS GOT TALENT 2013

Moderator: busybusybusy

Genevieve
BAFTA Award

BRITAINS GOT TALENT 2013

Post by Genevieve »

watched this programme last night #-o , couldn't believe some of the daft acts - but I think the large group of children, the dance troupe should have been put through,they were fantastic and took going out so well, and out the two acts I was looking forward to watching them again in the final - the girl who went through sung a song that was too big for her and not age appropriate - she was in bits after it was announced she'd gone through over the dance troupe on public vote, awful to see her in such a state.
I think it was a bit 'off' of SC to sit there grinning away before he came to his decision and the deciding vote, which resulted in sending it to the public vote...while all the children were on stage awaiting their fate - [-X ;)
SNN
BAFTA Award

Re: BRITAINS GOT TALENT 2013

Post by SNN »

I just cannot believe that the guy who danced with a broom went through but not the divers and many other acts that actually had a talent!
I agree with you about Arixsandra's song but her voice is absolutely phenomenal! It would have been nice if the dance crew could have gone through but they weren't my favourites or a stand out act to me.
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

My dd and her friend liked the dance crew too but I though all the flashing colours and their coloured clothes made it difficult to distinguish them from the lights so their moves didn't stand out as much as other dance crews I have seen. Thought Arixsandra's voice is really good and the song choice really suited her voice but she sounds far far older than she is (20s) and looks younger than she is (especially with her choice of clothes) so it seemed a little odd. (watched them both on You Tube after reading comments - don't usually watch BGT so can't comment on other acts).
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

She does dress very young and song very maturely! I just can't wait to hear her when she is actually twenty! She will be even more phenomenal!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

:lol: :lol: the guy dancing with a broom was just ridiculous..and they didn't even make it remotely interesting by giving him backing dancers plus brooms too, it was just stupid !
And the two guys dressed up as women with moustaches on swings....er....er....'what on earth?' - waste of a place :roll:

I agree about the colours all the dance troupe were wearing, it was difficult on the eye, but they gave it 110% and so energetic and in sync, I thought they deserved 2nd place easily, but out of a bad lot, there were only really three that were any good anyway !
There's a lot of self indulgence of the judges as usual, its all about them and their banter again isn't it - not about the acts. It does make it more watchable since David Walliams has been on the panel, but I still have no idea why Amanda Holden is even a judge, just don't get it. :-k :-$ I saw her being interviewed on Alan Carr and he introduced her as an 'Actress' :shock: I think he was as bemused by that as much as I was :-&
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

I really liked the two young irish boys, the singer had such a lovely voice - shame they didn't get through - but perhaps they'll get in on the wild card
I also like Meat Diva - the guy was brilliant singer, and sang Meat Loaf so well !
The comedian Jack was so good, natural, and his jokes were funny - his timing, he was like a real pro already - glad he went through :D
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Who got through tonight? I missed the end tonight
STEFFYSMUM
GRAMMY Award

Post by STEFFYSMUM »

pre school and the band at the end cant remember there name
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Oh! The Luminites!
Pre-Skool were really great, I especially loved the littlest one, she had some serious attitude!
They reminded me of Matilda!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

I missed seeing the dancer, Joseph, so no idea what he was like - but I was surprised the singer, the lady,didn't make the top three !
Surprised Simon put it to the public vote because the acts were so different, would have thought he could have made a decision - but fairer that way...and the dance troupe, Pre School were good, be interesting to see what they'll do in final. :lol:
Crikey, David W was a bit OTT with what he said to Simon while being interviewed by Stephen Mulhern on the ITV2 BG More Talent Show- surprised he said that on live t.v. - I don't think SC was too pleased, he warned DW to be careful - it is a family show afterall :shock: :-k :-# be interesting to see if his comments will be edited for online catchup channels of the show - ah....bleeped out on youtube now ! they didn't bleep it out on the actual show ! DW is so unpredictable, that's why they've got him on I guess !!
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

I'm still outraged that the divers didn't make it to the semi-finals but a guy dancing with a mop did!
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Not sure DW will make it as a judge next time. I think he's great and I absolutely love his books, but I've found a couple of his comments a little close got the mark for a family show. Maybe I'm just getting old.....I mean Jim'll Fix it was my Saturday night viewing when I was my DD's age- what more can I say??!!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

It would be a travesty if DW was ousted - he can be very funny, winding Simon C up, he does go a weeeeee bit too cringeworthingly far at times, and SC walked off on ITV2 show last night, as DW went a bit too far with the 'Camping Holiday' story , and following SC off and out clutching his shoulders :shock: but I think they need him on there, I think he draws in the viewers

Anyone else see Attraction , the shadow act - it really got me going, I shed a tear - it was so beautifully done, so clever !
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Genevieve wrote:It would be a travesty if DW was ousted - he can be very funny, winding Simon C up, he does go a weeeeee bit too cringeworthingly far at times, and SC walked off on ITV2 show last night, as DW went a bit too far with the 'Camping Holiday' story , and following SC off and out clutching his shoulders :shock: but I think they need him on there, I think he draws in the viewers

Anyone else see Attraction , the shadow act - it really got me going, I shed a tear - it was so beautifully done, so clever !
Attraction are one of my favourites to win! Their act was so unique and beautiful!
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

I too absolutely love Attraction and have been moved to tears by both their performances.

I do hope there isn't a backlash about them not being British. With my cynical head on, I do wonder if they are an act that were approached by the production team to enter. However, I for one am glad if they were so that I have had the opportunity to see their beautiful performances. :D