The Voice 2013

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

The Voice 2013

Post by riverdancefan »

Is everyone enjoying The Voice this season?

We know two of the singers through to live shows, Jordan Lee Davis, and a fantastic singer, my oldest DS was at Mid-Kent college with Joseph - the Philipino lad, who is the nicest most humble young guy you could wish to meet.
we have seen him perform a few times in college productions, and he was always outstanding. \:D/
I just hope it doesn't lose it's appeal a little for me, as it did last year after a few of the live shows - I didn't watch anymore...
Last edited by riverdancefan on Tue May 07, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Voice 2013

Post by 2dancersmum »

Also watching this as one of DD's friends is also through. I gather they have changed the format a litle this year, based on the fact perhaps that viewing figures went down for the live shows and so this time round there are only about 4 live shows at the end. Battle rounds come first and the teams of 12 need to be reduced to teams of 3 or 4, not sure how many exactly - before the live shows.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I am enjoying it as well. I think the standard is very high this year. I thought the girl who sang in welsh this week was very unlucky not to go through - I think it is def a disadvantage to be in later auditions when some judges have filled their teams :(
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

I'm also enjoying it again this year but agree with others that it did lose some of its appeal (and difference) when it came to the live shows last time around.

My dd is not a singer and will not be auditioning along the MT route but what the programme has highlighted to me is how crucial the song choice is and what an important decision this is for auditionees! Some really good singers have been rejected purely on poor song choices for their vocal range or trying to be different (thinking of the lad from Hearsay).
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

I'm enjoying it but not keeping up very well - still have 2 in the planner. Is Liam still in? He was Enjorlas in Les Mis when my dd was playing Little Cosette. He was great with the kids. I thought the 'picking' sessions just went on too long for me - couldn't believe they had to pick 12 each - I'd lost enthusiasm by the time they'd picked 6.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

What suprises me is how long the contestants take to choose - I would have thought you would have made up your mind of a "rank order" before entering?? There was that one girl that took 30 min :shock: :shock: :shock:
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Welsh Mum wrote:What suprises me is how long the contestants take to choose - I would have thought you would have made up your mind of a "rank order" before entering?? There was that one girl that took 30 min :shock: :shock: :shock:
That girl took FOREVER, I thought that her obvious pick was Tom, everyone did, yet it took her 30minutes! I just wish their was a quicker selection process and that the judges could turn around for anybody they wanted and they would choose. On the last episode they would cut it down to 12 so that the many amazing people that missed out this year because they auditioned later would get an equal chance to those who auditioned earlier on.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

What about 30 seconds and a trap door? That would spice it up a bit :D and help the decision making process.
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

CatKat_0 wrote:What about 30 seconds and a trap door? That would spice it up a bit :D and help the decision making process.
That would be great! That would definitely boost ratings!
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I have enjoyed The Voice this year - looking forward to the live shows now. Some excellent singers :D
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

riverdancefan wrote:Is everyone enjoying The Voice this season?

We know two of the singers through to live shows, Jordan Lee Davis, and a fantastic singer, my oldest DS was at Mid-Kent college with Joseph - the Philipino lad, who is the nicest most humble young guy you could wish to meet.
we have seen him perform a few times in college productions, and he was always outstanding. \:D/
I just hope it doesn't lose it's appeal a little for me, as it did last year after a few of the live shows - I didn't watch anymore...
Oh I really liked Joseph, he's brilliant, one of my favourites so far =D>
I'm also looking forward to the live shows , really enjoying it this time round, I haven't agreed with all their choices though
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Just got tickets to the Live Finals next Saturday! So excited!!!!
P.s. can being an audience member be put on your cv?, not why I am going but just wondering x
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

cupcakephoebz wrote:P.s. can being an audience member be put on your cv?, not why I am going but just wondering x
I wouldn't have thought so!! In my opinion if that was put on a CV I would just think the person was desperately trying to fill their CV with anything they could. It doesn't show any real skills etc sitting in an audience!! Someone might think differently...

P.S Enjoy it :)
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Thanks I will!
And thought as much but wanted to check x
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

I think a CD will just find that a bit random and more likely to put them off, being an audience member isn't a skill and isn't so job either so best to leave it off.

On anoth note, I've been really enjoying The Voice, I just keep having to play catch up on I player because it always seems to be on different days each week :?