X Factor

Moderator: busybusybusy

Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

X Factor

Post by Kitschqueen »

OMG!!! cannot believe that this is back on our screens this weekend. Only need Strictly to start and then it is definitely the countdown to Christmas!! What happened to our summer?? :roll:
LaceyLou
Nominee

Re: X Factor

Post by LaceyLou »

I know!! X-factor always reminds me of Christmas because the girls are always discussing their favorites in the panto dressing room.....which means its that time soon.... :shock: :)
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Dont think I will bother with x factor this year. It just seems very tired and old now. Why can't there be something new and innovative on a Sat night?
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

Who thinks the "Pink" girl was set up?
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

pinky3 wrote:Who thinks the "Pink" girl was set up?
Whether she was set up or not, her behaviour was rather rude and aggressive don't you think? But thats the stuff that the telly likes to offer on these 'reality' shows, so we shouldn't be surprised by it.

Good to see some exciting young talent emerging early on, although I'll admit that it didn't hold my full attention. We popped outside to see the International Space Station pass over our back garden* at 9.24 - much more of an X factor in my opinion :lol:

Deb x

* OK, so it's actually orbiting the earth, not just our back yard. But the angle between the ISS/Earth/Sun and the absence of cloud means its particularly bright right now. Follow @VirtualAstro on twitter if you want to know more, or know when to spot it tomorrow or Monday, after which it won't be bright again til October.
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

Totally set up
Jeanie
GRAMMY Award

Post by Jeanie »

sophiesocks wrote:
Totally set up
I agree, she was clearly told to sing Pink by the producers and I think she "lost it" as the panel were so smug in their denial. [-X
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

I agree too. I felt sorry for her although she didn't handle it very well - in fact she did exactly what they wanted her to do! [-X
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Huge write up in the papers this morning-stating how low the viewing figures were and panicing about how to change next weeks show. I dont even bother with the x factor until it hits bootcamp because i cant bear the awful/stupid auditions and i think a lot of other people feel the same. I'd much rather watch all the ones they put through, so when they get to bootcamp, we recognise and know them ALL.
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Every year I say I'm not going to watch this and then do, but this year I'm going to make an effort to go out as the format is so tired and depressing, especially after the uplifting Olympic coverage. Even Casualty seems to have gone downhill! :(
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I have said I won't watch and I will not watch this year - its had it's time, sick of it, waste of prime time TV space !!

Here's an idea Cowell, invest all your millions in producing proper dramas, variety and entertainment, employing professionals who are ALREADY TRYING to break into the entertainment world !
Rather than encouraging hoards of screeching audience members to laugh at silly people who want their 5 mins of fame!..I truly believe all this dreadful reality things are contributing to all the issues and problems the media MOAN about day after day, yet it sells their papers and crappy mags.
and I feel the same about Strictly too, have not watched since Arlene left and I think some of it is way too sexualized for youngsters.
Films and Drama for me

(might watch I'm a Celeb GMOH though) ;)
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

riverdancefan wrote:I have said I won't watch and I will not watch this year - its had it's time, sick of it, waste of prime time TV space !!

Here's an idea Cowell, invest all your millions in producing proper dramas, variety and entertainment, employing professionals who are ALREADY TRYING to break into the entertainment world !
Rather than encouraging hoards of screeching audience members to laugh at silly people who want their 5 mins of fame!..I truly believe all this dreadful reality things are contributing to all the issues and problems the media MOAN about day after day, yet it sells their papers and crappy mags.
and I feel the same about Strictly too, have not watched since Arlene left and I think some of it is way too sexualized for youngsters.
Films and Drama for m

(might watch I'm a Celeb GMOH though) ;)

My thoughts exactly
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
pinky3
GRAMMY Award

Post by pinky3 »

I agree too! Well said!! =D>
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Every year I say I wont watch this and finally this year I'm not!
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

shortguy wrote:Every year I say I wont watch this and finally this year I'm not!
I've not been as strong... :oops: .I tuned in for the first time Saturday to see Louis changing his mind over which act he wanted to vote out of the bottom two after their sing off.. Rylan or Carolynne - Louis said:
"I'm going to go with Carolynne....i'm going to keep Carolynne" -
then Louis changed his mind and said:
"I want to save Rylan "
then Dermot asked Louis to clarify, and Louis said :
"I want it to go to Deadlock"
- leading to Gary B. walking off stage !
You could see that the poor girl Carolynne thought she'd been saved by Louis and then she ends up going - and because of Louis' bumbling delay in casting his vote, it meant they didn't then have time to show Carolynne's best bits ! I thought the whole fiasco was totally unfair on her.
I won't be watching next week, unless all the other channels are showing basket weaving for beginners :-&