ITV's Superstar

Moderator: busybusybusy

GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Re: ITV's Superstar

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

I liked the reserve chap, wonder if he gets back in to make good tv hope so :D :D :D
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Is it me or are some of those finalists just in it so that ALW's favourites don't have too much competition? Some very good professionals haven't made it through :( I suppose 5 very good professionals, say, would have split the votes and risked someone else getting through that Andrew didn't like :roll: Having said that I think there are easily 5 good professionals in that line up :roll:

Speculating who are ALW's chosen ones - what do people think?

And thank goodness the Daily Mail was wrong and Seamus didn't get through. I can't believe he said whatever it was he said about violence or murder if he was sent away from Mallorca straight away [-X :x
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I've just been listening to my recording of Murray Head and Ian Gillan
Whoever gets the part has an awful lot to live up to.... I cannot imagine anyone having better voices in my personal opinion, although Steve B was fantastic too.
This is one powerful role!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

We tried to do JCS as out college show one year - when we had some excellent people. Got the score, had a play through and decided there was no way we could cast it - far too hard compared to many other shows, where the acting kind of gets suspended for the songs, then starts again when the song finishes. It would have been great, but was impossible!
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

It really is unlike any other musical from that point of view and i can see how difficult staging it must be. I saw the original London porduction with Paul Nicholas when I was xxx age and it was disjointed and somewhat difficult to follow compared to just listening to the music.

I thought Roger and Nathan had the best voices last night. Don't know about the performing/acting side of it though :?

GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Anyone got their favourites yet, I like Jon who came in as uderstudy and the last to perform last night, least like Nathan, dont see him as Jesus at all, but amazed by all the talent what a fab lot of voices. :D
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

The thing I thought was really great was the tour bus - and how they were all impressed when boarding and depressed just a few hours later. Living on a tour bus has to be the worst possible way of working - I shall never ever do one again, and my son did his first and hated it in exactly the same way. After a week - you're a wreck. Some of these couldn't even do 24 hrs! That said, I'd expect they'd actually be cosseted in hotels - but the people who work really hard on these stadium shows have to live like this for financial reasons. In the real world many dancers and musicians tour on these damn things and there are unwritten rules about what you can do and can't do on a tour bus.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I really dont like the format of these shows. I think there has been very little build up to let you get to know these singers, the song choices have been poor, in some cases bizarre, and the whole X Factor staging etc looks cheap and tacky. No class at all!! A shame as there is a lot of talent there, but the show's transition to ITV has IMO not been a success.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

http://blogs.thestage.co.uk/tvtoday/201 ... index.html

Says it all!

Did watch the final. i would like to see Roger sing somewhere, and I do like Nathan's voice (if not the rest of him :lol: ) And I thought David was getting better and better when he went out :(

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Thanks for that link - sums up my views of the show prettywell. Also worth reading is this interview with Joanna Paige in the Stage this week -

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstor ... oanna-page

i watched a bit of last nights show - didn't think much of Mel C singing "I Dont Know How To Love Him" (one of my favourites).She did the big belt bit well, but her singing was very breathy and she almost spoke many of the lower notes [-X [-X . A shame as there must be many trained MT performers out there who could nail it ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Won't be going to see this show.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
songbird
GRAMMY Award

Post by songbird »

I thought the same about Mel C voice I like her I think she is fairly level and unspoilt from her spice girls days definately agreed about the breathiness my dd sang this song better back when she was 12 - I was definately disappointed its so hard for anyone to break into the industry even with the strongest talented its always about the names - we all on here love theatre and talent but sadly in the general public the vast majority rarely go to the theatre I cant believe the amount of people who have never been to see a west end show - their loss
If you dont buy a ticket how can you ever expect to win !!
songbird
GRAMMY Award

Post by songbird »

Must add the funniest comment i read on social media on the last night of the show "Perhaps Amanda could be Jesus so we can crucify that dress ~" made me roar :D
If you dont buy a ticket how can you ever expect to win !!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

songbird wrote:Must add the funniest comment i read on social media on the last night of the show "Perhaps Amanda could be Jesus so we can crucify that dress ~" made me roar :D
=D> :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I am a bit " precious" about JCS as it was really the first musical I fell utterly in love with.....I'm not keen on this stadium presentation, as well as that, can't flipping afford the prices.
I've really not enjoyed the show overall, for so many reasons......
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE