X factor 2011

Moderator: busybusybusy

Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Re: X factor 2011

Post by Genevieve »

I agree - love the styling for Little Mix - they look so normal, and comfortable in what they are wearing each week. Marcus and Misha were really good tonight - loved Misha's hair this week, she looked so much softer, and happier !
I enjoy Craig's performances ,as I like the tone of his voice, but I quickly forget what he's sung soon afterwards :shock: , so he's not that memorable for me. The judges seem to want Frankie out ! (shame as I quite like the tone of his voice!). Janet and Johnny could be in bottom two - as they seemed the weakest singers and Janet, because she forgot the words !!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Awww - real shame The Risk went - so wrong [-( They were interviewed and they thought Janet was going to go last night !
It was time for Johnny to go, and I can see Kitty going next week, if Frankie's fans keep voting for him.
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I thought it was a real shocker, i didn't think they'd get the least votes! And i'm actually really sad as i think Johnny was really entertaining, and fair enough he wasn't going to win, but i don't think Kitty is going to win either, it's also very unlikely she's going to get a recording contract. I always looked forward to watching Johnny and his interpretation of a song, was something a bit different and entirely himself. But maybe i'm a bit biased as i really don't like the tone of Kitty's voice, i think it's really nasally and not very nice to listen to at all!

I also do quite like little mix although the name is very bland now and i do agree that theyve branded them as the girls next door so people will vote for them, Tulisa raving that they're 'not trying to steal your man' etc is a bit overkill, but clearly its working...
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Haven't watched any of this eries till this w/e and must say I was shocked at the generally poor quality left in the show. I think the policy of going for "characters" and "sob stories" has at last backfired as there were few decent acts in it imo. Don't think I will bother tuning in again, there was no-one I wanted to hear again (in some cases - that boy with "the hair" ?? - omnce was enough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

xebonykissesx wrote:I also do quite like little mix although the name is very bland now and i do agree that theyve branded them as the girls next door so people will vote for them, Tulisa raving that they're 'not trying to steal your man' etc is a bit overkill, but clearly its working...
:lol: Definitely a dull unimaginative name for a band - makes them sound much younger than they are ! Good luck to them though for getting votes !
Welsh Mum wrote:Don't think I will bother tuning in again, there was no-one I wanted to hear again (in some cases - that boy with "the hair" ?? - omnce was enough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: reference to Frankie me thinks...- He said he'd only had 1/2 hour sleep Saturday night! - mind you....he always looks like he's just got out of bed ! but he's getting votes, he's 18 and lapping up the experience and all that goes with it...so I'm glad he's annoying the judges by staying in !! I wouldn't be surprised if Louis' acts were getting the least votes because of the nasty comments he made about Frankie Saturday night to be honest ;) (but Kitty does seem to shout when she sings)
I must admit, this show is very missable now, and don't mind catching up the next day to watch the repeat - Think I'll tune to the USA X Factor, different league of contestant :shock:
Welsh Mum wrote:- that boy with "the hair" ?? - omnce was enough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he's now off the show !!! dear dear ;) #-o Perhaps they'll bring Johnny back ? hmmm :-k
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Little Mix won then - I didn't think Marcus sung that well , so it wasn't surprising, although I don't think they'll be the next Girls Aloud - thank goodness its finished :shock:
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Didn't see much of X factor this year,got bored but if the group of girls is the best we have to offer,oh dear :shock: was dissapointed.
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

I'm with you Georgia Rose - got bored half way through the series and din't even watch the final...