Britain's Got Talent

Moderator: busybusybusy

pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Britain's Got Talent

Post by pollypickles »

Anyone elses DD or DS got an audition for this? Wondering what to expect?
GypsyMumNot!
GRAMMY Award

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Post by GypsyMumNot! »

Yeah - dds have done this for last 2 years and another date has come thru for next month. Dont know if we're gonna bother tho - its a school day at 9am....in the middle of docklands - v awkward journey.
pollypickles - don't expect the tv panel folk - all you get is a camera & one other runner....they call them 'producers' but they are just production assistants who are there to co-ordinate & fill in forms. If you're singing, you get until they stop you; expect crowds, queues & waiting....... :roll:
And all that jazz...!
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

Post by Ellie8989899301 »

I auditioned on Sunday in Liverpool and it was crazy. I have auditioned for the past two years and usually it is really organized, but there were just too many people there this time. Looking on the website, they have posted all the audition locations so people can just turn up and not even have a scheduled audition. My audition time slot was 4pm, but I didn't get to sing until about 8.20 and that was only because we asked one of the BGT team if I could go in asap because we had a train to catch. We were there so long that we missed the train and it was the last one of the night, so we had to stay the night in Liverpool and I went late into school the next day. I don't expect anything to come of it because, by the time I got in the room, I really couldn't be bothered because I had been waiting so long. I certainly won't be doing it again.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Yep, we got 2 auditions, because dd's agent also applied for her, and I didn't know so I did an online one as well! Actually it's a good job because having read your post, we definitely couldn't make one of them as it's for 4pm on Monday 6th Dec and my other dd is singing with her school at the 02 at 7pm the same day! The other one is a Saturday at 9am! As you say the journey is horrendous, if there are line closures that affect us, We probably won't bother either! I guess at least with a 9am start the backlog won't have much time to build up!
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

DS has been given a slot at The docklands at 1pm. What sort of time do you think we should turn up? Can you join the queue before your audition time ?Sounds like an absolute nightmare!!!!! Trying to talk him out of it. The e-mail we received said about dressing up etc. Is that what most people do as ds really not keem on that idea? Guess there will be a lot of waiting outside and getting freezing cold. Hope they have got portaloos!! Any top tips gratefully received x
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

We got there about 3.20pm for the audition at 4.00pm. By this time, the queue was already nearly all the way around the building. I hate to think what time the people at the front had got there! As I was doing a musical theatre song,I dressed up as the character, but other people just wear casual clothes.There were a few people who were dressed up in funny costumes, which obviously makes you stand out because there were lots of people around this lady who was wearing a bright green costume and doing yodelling.
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

What time did you get seen? Guessing you didn't find out on the day if you got through.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

They don't tell you on the day, but to be honest if they don't film you or call you back in then your chances are virtually nil.You should hear before the end of March but it often takes a lot longer..
[ppp
This will be older dd's third attempt, and the younger one had a go last year too. We have had mid - late afternoon times both times; there was a long queue but the second time as it was bucketting with rain they let us in quite fast. I'm hoping an early morning time will mean less backlog!

Basically you have to be prepared. Take a rucksack and fill it with sandwiches, snacks, drinks , a book/DS/ipod to keep you occupied.
I don't think costumes make much difference, unless you are a dance group. I don't think. :-s

no sob story
pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Post by pollypickles »

Thanks for all the useful tips. DD has a 9am slot plus we are taking a dog too as part of her act so hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too long! DD really wants to do it so am happy to go along with it for her to have the experience.Good luck to everyone :D :D
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

I got seen at about 8.20pm, but it would have been later if we hadn't told them we had a train to catch.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

pollypickles wrote:Thanks for all the useful tips. DD has a 9am slot plus we are taking a dog too as part of her act so hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too long! DD really wants to do it so am happy to go along with it for her to have the experience.Good luck to everyone :D :D
Are you going to london on Saturday 4th? Might see you there?
pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Post by pollypickles »

We are there on the 3rd at 9am, so sadly no. Good luck to your DD tho :D
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Same to you and the doggie too. Errr, what do you do if your dog wants to....ahem....?
pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Post by pollypickles »

Am really hoping he won't!! Will go armed with kitchen roll and doo doo bags in case though!!
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Good luck everyone. Sounds more like an endurance test than an audition. Good luck everyone. We are next Saturday 1pm. Sounds like it is going to be a long day x Sounds like you get a good idea on the day if it is a definite no.