Britain's Got Talent

Moderator: busybusybusy

Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Re: Britain's Got Talent

Post by Flosmom »

Well done! =D> =D> =D>

Can't believe they were pipped to top spot by the dog act, but that's the British Public for you (or, at least, the ones who vote on BGT). Not that he isn't a very talented dog....but....

Looking forward to the final now, I'll be rallying everyone I know to support your DS :lol:

Deb x
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

the dog, pugsy was just brilliant, and great fun to watch, and knew he'd win, but I do worry about him being on his hind legs for so long ! So pleased Only Boys Aloud got through, they are sending out a fantastic message, that its rather cool to be in a choir, and good on them, the conductor is clearly very inspiring, good luck to them for the final.
I think that choirs are viewed as being rather boring, and not great to watch,but it does work with so many of them in this choir, and they all seem so nice, which really does help get the votes in ! Hope they sing something more upbeat next time, to really show what they can do, to keep public on their side.
I did like the Mend, and would like them to have gone through as well, and hope they get through on the wild card !
(must cost a fortune putting all the members of the Welsh Choir in hotels :shock: )
jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Post by jesajo »

One word " F A N T A S T I C ". They make you feel proud to be Welsh . =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

Well done - so pleased to see them go through =D>
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
Von151
Nominee

Post by Von151 »

Fantastic again. We voted for them so glad they are in the final.well done.…:)). :D
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Loved their performance, one of my favourite songs (Cerys Matthews does a great version btw) and agree with Tim that its great they stuck to their roots and didnt get sucked into doing something trendy =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Thank you all. I was worried about them doing a 'quieter' hymn and one that so many people would not recognise. Thought they sang it beautifully but agree they need somthing a little more 'rousing' in the final without losing their roots . Only men aloud have been incredible with them and help them so much and all the boys have so much respect for Tim. It's lovely that they have these role models to look up to and who genuinely care for them. =D> :D
LittleRed
BRIT Award

Post by LittleRed »

They were amazing!!!!!!!! Doea anybody know whos on tomorrow? (tuesday)
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

some stats from the ITV2 show,-they said that 62,000 auditioned and only 45 got through to this years live shows !! so well done =D>

glad Jonathan the singer went through tonight (the girl, Charlotte was good tonight)- I would like to have seen him sing on his own though to be honest !, but too late now.
and the Latin dancers got through - the guy is amazing, but I thought the girl wasn't dressed right, bit messy perhaps it was the tights ?
tomorrow: (same again : couple of dance troupes, couple of novelty acts, couple of singers, young and old!
Two of the top 3 each evening is rather predictable in the groups they're put in to be honest ! :shock: and with the judges voting too, guess that way it plays it safe to get at least one act they really want, to get variety of acts and good ones in the final !
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

wasn't very impressed with the acts last coupe of nights , I think Twist and Pulse dance group should have gone through, and hope they get wild card now as thought they were better than the dance group last night who went through.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

I thought it was a very weak semi final last night. Can't believe how many of the 'silly' acts that made it through to the semis!!! Also, after watching all week-why on earth did they put the mend in the same semi as only boys aloud and the dog act? One of these should have been placed later on in the week where the talent hasn't been as strong. Getting pretty excited for Saturday now. :D
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

totally agree with you - lots of daft acts . the comedian was just a waste of a place ;) - slight improvement, but still daft was the bloke with the Giant gold wings ](*,) ]This is all for an act to perform at the Royal Variety show infront of the Queen
I love the gymnasts/acrobat troup who are on tonight, although they're not British ! - I'm sure they'll go through
In the Final I think the winners could be between them, the Welsh Choir (because so many singers will really make an impact) and the mutt, and perhaps Jonathan + Charlotte the opera singers -(who will go on to do well anyway) ! the other solo singers, I don't think are good enough, and the Loveable Rogues are good, but a bit like a good pub band and won't win surely :-$ .
We'll have to do a poll for the Final !
(But i really wouldn't want £250,000 (?) going to a dog :shock:)...he can't even buy shoes ;) :lol:
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Genevieve wrote:But i really wouldn't want £250,000 (?) going to a dog )...he can't even buy shoes
This made me laugh :lol: I think (well i hope) the top three will be Only boys aloud(of course ;) ), Jonathan and Charlotte and the dog act.
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

:lol:
The show seems to really be promoting the pooch doesn't it :-k
I think the basketball acrobats should have gone through, but tonight wasn't as good as their audition - there was lot going on -
When the judges were commenting, I don't think Simon helped them by reminding the viewers they weren't British ;) - perhaps to have the effect of manipulating the voters - I think it worked. ;)
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I am sure the Queen would love to listen to Only Boys Aloud, it would be perfect for her...
as for a dog and a foreign act??
thought it was "Britain's Got Talent"? [-(
good to watch, but if you are ultimately looking to entertain her Maj, pick something she would enjoy !

Only Boys Aloud to WIN \:D/
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE