titania

Apprentice 2010

Post by titania »

Anyone else enjoying it already?
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Re: Apprentice 2010

Post by Kez »

Yes we are watching as a family.Makes a change from the x factor! I think the surgeon will win. Although early to say I know :) He just seems calm but focused.
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

There are already a few of them I would like to dispose of :lol: :lol: and a few that I haven't noticed at all :roll:

I think the right one got the boot this week so will be interesting to see how it pans out. They all seem very arrogant this year, particularly the girl who said "most people in business have no common sense" Err yeah!!! try walking into my office and making a statement like that Hmmm [-X

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Darn it! I missed it!

On to Iplayer right now! I love this show! (Even though I detest everything about that kind of job and would rather eat my own spleen than work for Alan Sugar!)
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Oh My Word!
What a horrible bunch of ego centrics! Aggressive, arrogant, argumentative, awful! And as for the girls - I couldn't believe that Melissa and the team leader arguing over who closed the deal with the restaurant owner! If I'd been him I'd have walked away right there and then! Great TV though, bit I do miss Margaret - she was class!
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

So glad this show is back again ! love it. Compulsive viewing in our house !
Shame that guy that went out first, as he would have been great viewing - but from the start wasn't he just too mouthy and arrogant - shot himself in the foot didn't he ! and when Sir Sugar told him to sit properly in the boardroom :-&... his reaction was priceless ! (He seemed so nice on BBC2 show afterwards though ! they often do don't they !) can't believe how bossy some of the girls were either ! but after this week...It's put me off sausages :idea:
nextinline
GRAMMY Award

Post by nextinline »

We all love this show in this house and are so pleased it is back yet again \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

The Surgeon went then ! - felt sorry for him really, as I thought the woman should have gone who was bad at selling the bread ! the other one is a bit snooty who was in the boardroom but she's very polished and think she deserved to stay more - The project manager's are always in for it if their team lose arn't they !
Luckymum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Luckymum »

don't watch this, get the condensed version with Harry Hill ;)
Winners never quit and quiters never win xxx

Be Lucky ;-)
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Lurvvvvv Harry Hill :lol: but really enjoy The Apprentice - I can't believe sometimes with all of their 111000 A* gcses ...they are sometimes really not very bright are they ? Who takes an order for 1,000 bread rolls, and only makes 16 ??? even I could have organised my kitchen to have done that and they had a factory :-&
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kez »

Got that one wrong then! I won`t say who I think will win the x factor! :lol:
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Does anyone else feel that Melissa had a screw loose? She was aggressive, pushy and clearly not very bright, judging by the number of interesting 'Melissarisms' she invented: eg. Professionality, “room for manoeuvrement”, “comfortability” and a threat that fellow contestants will be ‘karmically retributed”..to name just a few!
Her vision of herself just wasn't grounded in reality!
So glad she got fired, and now also Paloma, whose true colours came shining through tonight! I saw her lining Alex up for blame right at the start - so did he though. Yes, he got the promo area wrong but the filming idea was genius! And he wasn't at all to blame for the loss of the party range, which was what cost them the task. I love to see arrogant people cut down to size!!! \:D/
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

igloobabe wrote:Does anyone else feel that Melissa had a screw loose? So glad she got fired, and now also Paloma, whose true colours came shining through tonight! /
Oh yes...the one with the dyed very short cropped blonde hair and black rimmed glasses...she just had to go, along with all her made up words !! But on BBC2 there she was, (I think)..looking completely different, no glasses, mid length bob, red hair !! perhaps she had to change her appearance after filming ;)
Thank goodness arrogant Paloma went, mind you...the other one in the boardroom with the wierd large eyes was really hard to look at !! Alex is a strange one, he's a bit like a programmed robot, but odd isn't it with all his qualifications and experience..he was unemployed before the programme ;) ..
That Paloma had no idea about making sure the clothes were positioned on the floor so that they could actually be seen by shoppers passing the shop by....as Alex pointed out to her, but he got shouted down!! Not surprised her team lost, the designers clothes they chose to sell were just dreadful, skirts made of mens ties ...and for £300.00 ...how wierd !
But did you see Paloma on BBC2 afterwards...she looked like a Nigella Lawson lookalike being filmed on a veranda in Spain !...with her strappy dress, bearing as much flesh as she was able to get away with.. ..her head tilted to one side, and periodically licking her teeth during the interview and flicking back her long hair (which had grown a foot since filming The Apprentice) Not only that...she sat there hoisting up her bare legs so that they could be seen in camera shot while she was sitting behind the desk. :shock: There were moments there when Dara O'Brien seemed like he didn't know quite where to look, and his eyes definitely flicked down at her legs every now and then, ...she was flirting with everyone, including herself !! very odd. :-&
I wouldn't last 5 minutes working with someone full of such self-importance =;
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Oh now I must watch the follow ups on iplayer! Thanks for the summary!
cupcake13
BRIT Award

Post by cupcake13 »

Kez wrote:Yes we are watching as a family.Makes a change from the x factor! I think the surgeon will win. Although early to say I know :) He just seems calm but focused.
haha, kez, i thought that at first but he proved us all wrong when stepped up as PM! 'i know you ordered 1000 bread rolls but we do have 16...' :lol:
**Never give up**