Joining Equity

Give us your Feedback and Ideas on Anything!

Moderator: busybusybusy

Humph
GRAMMY Award

Joining Equity

Post by Humph »

I thought NAPM may like to know that Equity www.equity.org.uk are offering a great discount to new members joining.
After the first payment of £38.83 it is then £9.98 a month thereafter from Jan 1st 2016 .
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Joining Equity

Post by Irishdancer »

Ds has been paying this for a few years he joined as was getting a lot of fees for Tommy Zoom and not being a member he had to pay 21% but now he is a member they only take 8% think it's worth it if you are getting a lot of fees that go through Equaty, works out with the joining fee£158.59 which is a lot. It can't be a special offer as it has alway been £9.98 a month for about 4 or 5 years, it used to be a child of 14 could get it a lot cheaper it was still £38.83 one off fee then it was about £60 a year so when they let younger kids join price doubled.
Humph
GRAMMY Award

Post by Humph »

Following my earlier post the prices I quoted based for Equity membership for DS may be helpful are " for children between the ages of 10 - 16 years " .
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Also might be worth knowing that if you are studying performance of some sort full time you can get student equity which is about £18 a year. My dd2 has this as she is at a performing arts 6th form, a great deal! There is a drop down menu of establishments and you just pick the one you attend. You then get a discount - when you become and adult member some day - for every year you have been a member :) Sadly doesn't apply to children and my son has to pay the full whack as he has had professional work
thereishope
Nominee

Post by thereishope »

Sorry, could you explain why its helpful joining equity?
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Helpful if you are earning in the industry
http://www.equity.org.uk/about-us/join- ... ld-i-join/