Board crashing

Important messages that you NEED to read, and re-read from time to time.

Moderator: busybusybusy

titania

Board crashing

Post by titania »

Dear all,

I am sorry about the crashes at the end of each month we are too busy! I am investigating how much it will cost to expand our service.

We are victims of our success it seems but we should certainly be ok for the next couple of weeks.

Please contact me if you have any suggestions.

Titania
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Re: Board crashing

Post by missmoneypenny »

Oh dear, it is great the site is so popular, but horrid when it goes down - I have missed my daily read :D Maybe, until a better solution comes along, we could have a fan page on Facebook - for those times when this site is off - for passing info on whats gone wrong, briefs, gossip etc. This can be as private as we want it I guess - anyway, just an idea of a bridge between now and an improved site.

x
ziggy
BRIT Award

Post by ziggy »

You should get money from ads. But only from performance companies (ie the Stage or west end shows) coz that way we get to see what ticket offers and news is out there, and you get to keep costs down. This kind of advertising also means there wont be spam/scams as you would know the ads on here could be trusted...
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Or you could ask for donations again. I for one would contribute again.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
bcnups
GRAMMY Award

Post by bcnups »

I have really missed this site the last couple of days. It's amazingly addictive. I, for one would agree to a small sum to help with expansion costs.
janine

Post by janine »

i too would be quite happy to contribute towards costs especially if it got rid of the bandwidth problems'...
Maybe it would be a good idea to publish the link to the pay pal account every month, as I'm sure most members don't know it even exists... although personally I feel that an annual contribution ( not a great amount say £5-10 each )from each member could be a way to safeguarding this site & also preventing the almost daily hi-jacking by spam posts..... :)
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

I guess we could save a bit of space by finding some way of stopping trolls filling up the site with dreadful photos (see post above!) or adverts.

If when new people signed up their first post was moderated that might help stop the ones who put the same advert/photo on every thread - would that cause a major headache for the moderators?
busybusybusy

Post by busybusybusy »

I'm on it....trolls are on here on a daily basis sadly ](*,)
Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

thank you..thank you...so nice to see their disappearing act.
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Just noticed some people on here include a photo at the end of every post. I expect that uses up a lot of space and is quite unnecessary.....if we are still trying to save space.