Jo Hawes Workshops

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

swanny
GRAMMY Award

Jo Hawes Workshops

Post by swanny »

Has anyone ever done Jo Hawes audition work shops? They sound great but just want to know from anyone has been. There is some comment on an earlier mixed thread but it is old so thought I would start a specific thread. Hope that is ok.

She has a 2 hour audition work shop or an all day session when the children do a song and dance thing and present it to the parents. What do you recommend?

Thanks everyone
I'm swanning around trying to get the hang of all this! Thanks for your help!
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Re: Jo Hawes Workshops

Post by Dwafffamily »

I have not been on either but from my experience I think your child is far more likely to get more out of an all day session. an all day sessions they will learn more and become more confident as the day goes on rather than just doing a 2hr audition technique class.
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

DS did a one day course, enjoyed it a lot and the standard of the song/dance at the end of the day was very high given that they only had one day to put it together. Met a mum whose kids had done a 3 day course and she said it was really good too. And yes, the Q and A were very interesting.
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

My DS did the three day course in May last year, it was really brilliant. Not only did he love every minute of it, but we also got invaluable advice and experience. I thoroughly recommend it, we plan to do it again.
coniger
BRIT Award

Post by coniger »

ScoobyDoo - there is a 4 day Jo Hawes course in October Halfterm in Marlow
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Hiya Coniger,

Yes she sent me through all the bumph, I am definitely thinking about doing it, there just seems to be a ton of things on at the moment so am trying to wade through stuff and make decisions... something I am terrible at! I know DS is desperately keen to do it again.

Are you doing it?