Child Actors Workshop with LA Casting Director LISA LONDON

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

Penny40
Nominee

Child Actors Workshop with LA Casting Director LISA LONDON

Post by Penny40 »

LA Casting DIrector LISA LONDON Kids London Workshop - Sat 18th July

Lisa London, Casting Director responsible for discovering and/or casting MILEY CYRUS, JONAH HILL, SELENA GOMEZ to name just a few stars is coming to London in July!

Lisa will be heading to London in July to hold a three hour child actor workshop with London/LA Agent Louise Gubbay for young talent aged between 8 - 18 years old.

Participants will be given sides in advance to prepare for Lisa on the day. The children will read for her and she will help with audition technique, She will also help and advise on preparation when self taping for auditions - this is something that is absolutely vital to any actor as many of the Pilots being cast in LA are going to London Agents enabling them to submit their UK talent ! Lisa will also advise on what Casting Directors look for when casting young talent.

There will also be a Q&A for the parents with both Lisa and London/ LA Agent Louise Gubbay

Lisa has cast a huge amount of kids TV and Film in LA including HIT THE FLOOR, SUITE LIFE OF ZACK AND CODY, HOUSE BUNNY, GRANDMA'S BOY to name a very small few !

The class will be held on Saturday 18th July from 10 - 1pm in Central London.

The cost is £79.99 per child (parents watch for free!). To secure your childs space, a non-refundable 50% deposit will be required and the remainder to be paid no later than the 30th June .

Email assistant@louisegubbay.com to book.
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: Child Actors Workshop with LA Casting Director LISA LOND

Post by pg »

Penny40

Can I ask whether you're responsible for organising this? Or are you just passing on the information?

I would recommend that anyone thinking of going does some research (and asks questions of the organisers - and perhaps of others not involved in the workshop ) about how relevant this is likely to be for British performers.

It does seem expensive for a workshop (so obviously one would want to be sure of getting value for money :) ) and most British people will not be eligible to work in the USA. I would be interested to know how many *British * children have been cast in the shows quoted - or others that Lisa has cast.

If you already have an agent, I'd recommend having a chat with them about it too.

I know that many people find these type of workshops valuable and interesting. There seem to be more and more of them being offered by casting directors. One can understand why CDS offer them - if there are people willing to pay for the information and the audition practice.

They're not normally this expensive though. :(
Penny40
Nominee

Post by Penny40 »

Hello PG

This workshop is with LA Casting Director Lisa London and London/LA Agent Louise Gubbay. I am Louises' assistant and the class is being organised through Louise Gubbay Associates (London / LA) and London/Stroud Casting in LA - two extremely reputable companies.

The class is not designed to promote British actors working in the US. As a London/LA agency, Louise sees every casting that comes through the US version of Spotlight throughout her working night whilst working with her LA clients to then see them on Spotlight several hours later as LA Casting Directors are reaching out to London agents predominately because it has become so expensive to film in LA now. Most Film and TV are filming in other countries that British actors do not need visas.

LGA (London) regularly has clients self taping for US castings. The same would be for all the other reputable agents over here - both kids and adult actors agents.

Lisa London is an extremely well known and reputable Casting Director in LA who works with kids on a regular basis.

Hope that helps

Penny
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Thanks for the helpful reply, especially about the issue of visas. I do know of both Louise Gubbay and Lisa London and I am not doubting their credentials.

Most CD workshops of this length are nowhere near this expensive though.

How many will there be in the group?
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

The question about how many children will be there I think it's quite vital. Are you thinking on a maximum number?
Penny40
Nominee

Post by Penny40 »

Hi, numbers will be limited. Thanks.
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Do you have a maximum number in mind? "Limited" could mean limited to 10 or limited to 50 :). Having a number would give an indication of how much time /audition practice each child would have.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Louise Gubbay now that's a name that's a blast from the past for me in my box office days.
Penny40
Nominee

Post by Penny40 »

Hello, about 20 ish. .
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Thanks Penny.
Penny40
Nominee

Post by Penny40 »

My pleasure. We have some NAPM kids booked in and looking forward to meeting the parents and working with the kids .